Tittling Concern

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

LosAngelesMetro56

Tittling Concern

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

So I was on YouTube and stumbled across a video called Metro Simulator 2019. Is this ok?
Screenshot_2018-10-28-08-38-41~3.png
Screenshot_2018-10-28-08-38-41~3.png (400.29 KiB) Viewed 3701 times
Sounds like a competition.
This is now a dead account.
RotterdamMetroLover

Re: Tittling Concern

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Sorry if I say this, but this simulator is a lot beter with graphics compared to that piece of junk.
LosAngelesMetro56

That is part of my concern on why they are tittling a pile of waxed garbage with a superior name.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It might look nice, but it will probably have a lot less features then 'our' Metrosmulator has. After all; this new game is made professionally by a company which is probably just aiming to make money.
As a result, they will probably put more effort into graphics then into functionality. And when it looks nice, they will stop developing, put a price on it, and continue with a next project. They will probably not create a CVL system, an accurate train protection system, accurate departure displays at the stations, and so on....

Personally, I would not trade any of the features in 'our' Metrosimulator just to get polished/shiny floors in stations.... :roll:

This (on their website) says a lot;
A very important part of each subway and railroad are railway traffic lights. In the game, the mechanics of traffic lights is implemented
So, there are signals that turn red when trains pass them.... And that's about all? If an accurate signalling system with train protection (like ATB or ZUB) was implemented, they would have mentioned it. :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
LosAngelesMetro56

I believe they are developing their game on the Unreal Engine 4 with is best for combat games such as Squad and Star Citizen. I honestly don't like when the engine is used to simulate transit simulators. It just doesn't fit in my eyes. Plus, our simulator is just better generally. Their measurement in speed is inaccurate too, though it is just an alpha. I'll keep my eye out on any suspicious movement in their development.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 16:27 Their measurement in speed is inaccurate too, though it is just an alpha.
Haha indeed; when I look at their movies on Youtube, the speed indicator shows speeds that are way too high :lol:
(Their "60 km/h" looks more like 35-40 when you just look out the window)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
luka23

Post by luka23 »

I don't think MS2019 looks that good, kinda reminds me of Asphalt for Android, the latest release. Is it an Android or PC game?
LosAngelesMetro56

luka23 wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 20:05 PC
This is why I made a topic on this game. It really should just downgrade to mobile.