78%
No
22%

Total votes: 18

Mark28jr

Tram network

Post by Mark28jr »

Dear people..

I was wondering if you would also like to see a tram network?
I would like it if someone could or would like to.

Would it be cool if Sjoerd wanted to do that if he would have inspiration for it?

I'm going to make a poll and you can vote there!
luka23

Re: Tram network

Post by luka23 »

I mean, Rijndam already has a tram network. Not very extensive but still.
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Do you mean like some sort of rapid light rail/tram network? Because I'm still gathering 3D models and scripts for an LA Metro route that I can't make because the editor was given to a limited amount of people which would most likely stay that way for a long, long time.
Last edited by LosAngelesMetro56 on 26 Sep 2018, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.
This is now a dead account.
Mark28jr

Post by Mark28jr »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 05:03 Do you mean like some sort of rapid light rail/tram network? Because I'm still gather 3D models and scripts for an LA Metro route that I can't make because the editor was given to a limited amount of people which would most likely stay that way for a long, long time.

no I really mean only tram. So no metro's there. Metro can if you have a large station to switch, but really only a tram card.
LosAngelesMetro56

Mark28jr wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 11:57 no I really mean only tram. So no metro's there. Metro can if you have a large station to switch, but really only a tram card.
You see, LA Metro has 4 "tram" routes and one still under construction. The main system is technically a tram system with only 2 actual metro routes. 6 routes in total, 7 after the new one is complete. As a matter of fact, after the 7th tram line is completed, it will actually create 2 new routes due to the new wye junction at the LAX. So really, LA Metro is still something I'd consider.
brozma

Post by brozma »

Well I also had plans for remaking the whole Prague tram network for metrosim, but I scrapped them, because of these reasons:
1st: Editor is only out for some users and not publicly for everyone, so I can't do that
2nd: Prague tram network is huge, and metrosim couldn't handle it.
3rd: There are no Czech tram rolling stock available in metrosim. Yeah. MG2 is already trying to remake Tatra T3 model, so it's suitable with metrosim, but since 19th of August (page 95 in "Screenshots and videos" topic), he didn't annouce any progress of model development. This is only a minor issue. I could improvise in this case.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
ItsRogers

Post by ItsRogers »

An idea could be the Manchester Metrolink, which use Bombardier Flexity Swift M5000’s in a 1 or 2 unit configuration. The Manchester Metrolink tram system has 93 stops in total, composed of an overall 7 lines. Some are very long, stretching from 15 miles south of Manchester to 20 miles north of Manchester. The tram system also switches between Light Rail and Heavy Rail often as they do go on roads etc.

Personally I think it could work, but would take A WHILE to make because of its size. Let me know what you think :)
Piccadilly

Post by Piccadilly »

ItsRogers wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 09:48 An idea could be the Manchester Metrolink, which use Bombardier Flexity Swift M5000’s in a 1 or 2 unit configuration. The Manchester Metrolink tram system has 93 stops in total, composed of an overall 7 lines. Some are very long, stretching from 15 miles south of Manchester to 20 miles north of Manchester. The tram system also switches between Light Rail and Heavy Rail often as they do go on roads etc.

Personally I think it could work, but would take A WHILE to make because of its size. Let me know what you think :)
My Local Tram Line (Altrincham) YES!! This would be cool!
metro sim addict

Post by metro sim addict »

THIS WOULD BE SICK!!! I am from Manchester & use the tram a lot. Pls make it!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Sub to my Youtube Channel Please!
youtube.com/GeorgeAllen
LosAngelesMetro56

I would actually hold back any upcoming tram project over the turning signals. The trams should always have linked circuits for the turning signals. It's just one of the many things that triggers my OCD.