WIP Project - NS TRAXX (F140 MS2) (BR 186) + ICRm

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

luka23

Re: WIP Project - To be announced soon!

Post by luka23 »

I just hope it's not overly futuristic...
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Well unless this is a questionably modelled moon, its most likely that the project is going to be a new train (and this is a frontlight).
However, with just one light and no further information given, its pretty hard to guess anything from that. Also multiple trains already in MetroSim use frontlight models like this.

However, due to the light seeming rather large a very modern train, typically fitted with small halogen lights or LED Strips (for which this light also has the wrong shape and texture), its more likely the train will be from the post mid 2000s era.

Looking further in the Netherlands for Metro systems (as those are the home territory of the simulator) we can exclude Amsterdams Metro as all trains in Amsterdam have rectangular lights.

I also doubt the train will be a very old tram, so I exclude everything thats older than the 70s.

This leaves me, inside of the netherlands, with 4 possible vehicles.

Of those, my favourite due to its diverse uses in the simulator is the DenHaag Randstadrail Regiotram.
furthermore its also possible to see this kind of light on representations of
=> The Amsterdam Combino
=> The Rotterdam Citadis (also not very unlikely as Michiel had a half finished model of this already, maybe Senjer took over the project)
=> The modernized Utrecht Sneltram trains

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
luka23

Post by luka23 »

Good analysis, but the M5 from Amsterdam has a round headlight. If we analyze it even further, it may even be the Noord-Zuidlijn from Amsterdam, as this is something from the near future (opening in 19 days) and M5 stock (which will be used on the NZ-line) has a round headlight on top. Plus, there's a small game developed where you can drive around on the Noord-Zuidline, so there is some reference material to use. Who knows? Maybe it's a totally fictional train/line, which could also be very cool. I'm fine with anything, as long as it's just not something set in the year 2750 or something :P
paddybannon

Post by paddybannon »

A new tram or metro would be nice for more variety especially for Rijndam Tramways (T1,T2,T3)
nstomjanssen2000

Post by nstomjanssen2000 »

I'd say you really couldn't have a definite answer on such a minimal image. Still I hope for a more advanced lighting system such as Michiel showed on the youtube channel. But don't ask me why senjer would post such a thing.
Met hoogachtende groet, prof. dr. in. mr. Duymsuych, gepromoveerd in de Slag om de Coeck. Hierin sneuvelden 66 chocoladekoekjes, 72 speculaasjes, 101 stroopwafels, 145 ... [Dit relaas is onderbroken wegens het gebrek aan nut ervan.]
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

What if it's not even a train. What if it's a car (I'm joking but also thinking outside of the box).
This is now a dead account.
senjer

Post by senjer »

Next week the first WIP pictures :mrgreen:
hell12

Post by hell12 »

FORM the future?

I think those lines are the "skyline"(cant remember the correct word) of the (R)SG3
pc specs:
Intel I7 4790K @ 4.7GHz
Gskill Trident 16GB 1866MHz
EVGA GTX1080ti SC Black Edition
Samsung 950 PRO 512gb
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

I post the same image with increased brightness, since some screens (mine for example) cannot show the lines/shape.

Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

hell12 wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 14:25 I think those lines are the "skyline"(cant remember the correct word) of the (R)SG3
The top part of the shape in the image is shorter than the equivalent in the (R)SG3s.