Why...

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

metrolord

Why...

Post by metrolord »

Hello, guys. I have a question: why is the editor available to only a few people and how did they download the version of MetroSim with editor?
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
Sjoerd

Re: Why...

Post by Sjoerd »

Because the editor does not come with a manual, and there is a lot you need to learn before you can use it (especially the CVL part). Michiel does not have the time to keep answering questions about how to do things, so he limited the number of people who have acces to it. And also; he keeps making improvements to the program, so it is still changing.

On the bright side (for those who do not have the editor); new versions of Metrosimulator (with new content) are now being released far more often then they used to a few years ago..... When two updates could actually be more then a year apart (just look at http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Version_History). :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Ryan_3247

Post by Ryan_3247 »

Maybe when it's less confusing, we'll all get it

Heres whishing
Riding along on a First Doncaster Bus by day, Playing Metro Simulator and making (bad) repaints by night
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Sjoerd wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 18:31 Because the editor does not come with a manual, and there is a lot you need to learn before you can use it (especially the CVL part). Michiel does not have the time to keep answering questions about how to do things, so he limited the number of people who have acces to it.
Pretty easy if you asked me.
(I might delete this comment :? )
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Sjoerd wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 18:31 Because the editor does not come with a manual, and there is a lot you need to learn before you can use it (especially the CVL part). Michiel does not have the time to keep answering questions about how to do things, so he limited the number of people who have acces to it. And also; he keeps making improvements to the program, so it is still changing.
That's fine! I know somewhere in this forum, Michiel also mentioned it was anything but "user friednly" at the moment. Besides, the amount of content that's being teased and released is much better than what we got back in the day which has an effect on the community's impatience.

Just wait folks, patience is a vertue!
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol: