Rijndam Express Trolleybus

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

metrolord

Rijndam Express Trolleybus

Post by metrolord »

Sjoerd, i have idea. Rijndam have big metro system and normal tram and train system, but city with big metro system must have a bus or trolleybus.
Please, build the Rijndam Express Trolleybus (RET :lol: ) or Rijndam Trolleybus (RT).
Bus is not electrified, but if you want, you can make an electric bus (a bus with an electric motor)
This a good idea :D
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam Express Trolleybus

Post by Sjoerd »

Rijndam has already gotten a bit too big some some computers to handle, so further additions would not be wise. As you might have read on the forum, I would still like to add platform screen doors at the airport shuttleservice, if and when that feature becomes technically available, but other then that; Rijndam has been completed. :)

I am currently working on an entirely new project. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

I mean we are obviously getting far out of what MetroSim is supposed to do or be, but trolleybusses sound like a fun idea nonetheless. If the game will ever allow the addition of custom objects, I can imagine someone will sooner or later make a trolleybus that can drive on invisible rails under the road.

Rijndam itself actually has a hidden track under the water, which to me as its common practice in other sims, seems like if one becomes available a ship is supposed to run over that.
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

MetroSimGermany wrote: 17 May 2018, 20:13 I can imagine someone will sooner or later make a trolleybus that can drive on invisible rails under the road.
That was exactly my plan to make happen it came to making LA Metro's Silver and Orange Line busways. A train disguised as a bus. 8-)
This is now a dead account.
luka23

Post by luka23 »

MetroSimGermany wrote: 17 May 2018, 20:13 Rijndam itself actually has a hidden track under the water, which to me as its common practice in other sims, seems like if one becomes available a ship is supposed to run over that.
AFAIK that was just a distraction for when trying to open the bridge ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Actually that was done with a possible future ship in mind. The track actually has detection installed; if a 'ship' ever uses that track, the bridge will open. But I never pursued that further.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D