Michiel wrote: 17 May 2018, 17:11 Lightrail2.jpg
Where's this? What's it's name? :o :D
brozma

Re: Simvliet Lightrail

Post by brozma »

MattH wrote: 18 May 2018, 10:21
Michiel wrote: 17 May 2018, 17:11 Lightrail2.jpg
Where's this? What's it's name? :o :D
Hmmmm. I guess it's a new part of some existing line or a part of the planned lightrail, which isn't in Simvliet yet.

Also if Michiel plans lightrail line from Simvliet Centraal through the Simvliet Poort, he needn't to extend 3rd rail to the Simvliet Centraal. He can cut 3rd rail on Simvliet West and from here, train can continue to Simvliet Centraal connected on NS catenary. But beware, in metrosim this would work like a charm, but in real life it won't!
Just imagine this, you arrived at Simvliet West with SG2/1 and decided to connect to NS catenary to continue to the Simvliet Centraal, what will happen? In sim you, just connect to the NS catenary without issues and you're ready to go. In real life, after connecting to the NS catenary you'll get free fireworks and completely fried train.
If you don't know why, Rotterdam trains are meant for 750V DC and NS catenary (usually) carries 1,5kV DC (on some high traffic tracks, the catenary carries 25kV 50Hz AC, that voltage will burn the Rotterdam train to the ashes). The only way how to solve this (without extending 3rd rail) is installing motor-generator on the train's roof which will reduce the 1,5kV DC to 750V DC

Fact #1: If you'll connect Rotterdam train to Czech catenary, you'll burn every single circuit in it, why? Because catenary in Moravia, East and North Bohemia carries 3kV DC. In South and West Bohemia catenary carries 25kV 50Hz AC, What will happen to Rotterdam train after being connected on 25kV 50hz AC I mentioned above.

Fact #2: This voltage difference is also a reason, why I scrapped my plans of adding Czech Railways rolling stock to the sim (if the editor and train scripting progamme will be finally released). Because it would be unrealistic. If I for example connect Chd (ČD) 162 series locomotive (nicknamed: Pershing) into NS catenary, it'll work, but very badly, being very slow and weak.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

brozma wrote: 18 May 2018, 10:42Also if Michiel plans lightrail line from Simvliet Centraal through the Simvliet Poort, he needn't to extend 3rd rail to the Simvliet Centraal. He can cut 3rd rail on Simvliet West and from here, train can continue to Simvliet Centraal connected on NS catenary.
Except that this would severely limit the amount of lines where the MG2/1 stock can be used.
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Where will the SG2/1 be used?
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

B :)
paddybannon

Post by paddybannon »

What is going to happen with the railway to Delfsblaak? I enjoy driving it with the HSM!
SimvlietLineC

Post by SimvlietLineC »

Wait I’m confused. Is the simvliet light rail a light rail or just an extension of the existing metro? Judging from the use of the simvliet metro stock.
Simvliet :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

SimvlietLineC wrote: 01 Jul 2018, 00:18 Wait I’m confused. Is the simvliet light rail a light rail or just an extension of the existing metro? Judging from the use of the simvliet metro stock.
In this case, the term Lightrail is being used to indicate railways being converted for metro rolling stock use. Just like the Schiedam - Hoek van Holland line and the Rotterdam - The Hague (via Pijnacker & Nootdorp) line around Rotterdam.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Trying out 36 trains per hour on the lightrail 8-)
Attachments
LightrailCVL.png
LightrailCVL.png (10.77 KiB) Viewed 4698 times
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Michiel wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 19:01 Trying out 36 trains per hour on the lightrail 8-)
Nice. But one question. Where do letters E and F go to? Or is it too early to ask?