Beta 3.14

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Beta 3.14

Post by Sjoerd »

Michiel wrote: 13 May 2018, 09:41 Considering your precious platform doors,...
Yes, no secret here; for a program called "Metrosimulator", the option of platform doors is something I am really missing. It would add a level of challenge, and it would look really good too. Rijndam would get it on the Airport Shuttleservice, and Glasgow on all stations (as Glasgow is already planning to install them in a few years) in a modernised version. ;)

I have a few ideas about how it could be done (also in the sense of determining which platformdoors to open), and I would like to make the objects for it, but you are the only one who can add the necessary variables to the programming in order to make it work. I would really like to discuss my ideas about that, if you are willing to add the option.... ;)
if you have 1,4 meter wide doors at 5,5 or even 5,6 meter interval, you can fit 22 doors on 120 meters of platform. Using Jacobs bogies that leaves you with 9 middle cars of each 11 meters and two front cars of 13 meters, giving 125 meters of train. This will complicate things at the Kleiweg depot though, they can't fit a 125 meter long train there.
So you now have a 11 car train with Jacobs bogies. Perhaps you could alter the lengths a bit, creating a 10 car train of the same overall length. This 10 car train would then consist of two identical units of 5 cars, each with a cab on one side and an articulation on the other. That way, you can take both halves into the depot one at a time. A bit similar to the Amsterdam M5 trains; they look like a single 6-car train, but in reality they are two 3-car units coupled together. Walking trough it, you can only see you are entering another unit as the unit-numbers near the ceiling ends in the interior change. :D

Glasgow is using that method too; the new Stadler trains are two identical units coupled together (after introduction of the new trains and retirement of the current fleet, platform doors will be installed);

(Yes, there are no driver cabs on this drawing. However, for the first few years, temporary driver cabs will be installed, as Glasgow doesn't plan to switch to automatic operation until the platform doors are in place, which can not be done while the old trains are still running.)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
quincypro

Post by quincypro »

MetroRET wrote: 12 May 2018, 16:03
quincypro wrote: 12 May 2018, 14:35 Can somebody make a activity for the rotterdam 1965 with the 5300/5400 type's? If thats a possible
Every 2,5 minute a metro, in total 12 trains on the track.
8 versions of the 5300 and 5400 types.
Extented by 3 versions of the 5200-series and a MG2 from 1994.
Is there a possibility to make them 3 cars? Because the do not fit on the perrons anymore hahah
MetroRET

Post by MetroRET »

I have make it this way, because they aren't anymore trains with 4 cars in Rotterdam on a normal day.
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

Sjoerd wrote: 13 May 2018, 10:02
Michiel wrote: 13 May 2018, 09:41 Considering your precious platform doors,...
Yes, no secret here; for a program called "Metrosimulator", the option of platform doors is something I am really missing. It would add a level of challenge, and it would look really good too. Rijndam would get it on the Airport Shuttleservice, and Glasgow on all stations (as Glasgow is already planning to install them in a few years) in a modernised version. ;)

I have a few ideas about how it could be done (also in the sense of determining which platformdoors to open), and I would like to make the objects for it, but you are the only one who can add the necessary variables to the programming in order to make it work. I would really like to discuss my ideas about that, if you are willing to add the option.... ;)
if you have 1,4 meter wide doors at 5,5 or even 5,6 meter interval, you can fit 22 doors on 120 meters of platform. Using Jacobs bogies that leaves you with 9 middle cars of each 11 meters and two front cars of 13 meters, giving 125 meters of train. This will complicate things at the Kleiweg depot though, they can't fit a 125 meter long train there.
So you now have a 11 car train with Jacobs bogies. Perhaps you could alter the lengths a bit, creating a 10 car train of the same overall length. This 10 car train would then consist of two identical units of 5 cars, each with a cab on one side and an articulation on the other. That way, you can take both halves into the depot one at a time. A bit similar to the Amsterdam M5 trains; they look like a single 6-car train, but in reality they are two 3-car units coupled together. Walking trough it, you can only see you are entering another unit as the unit-numbers near the ceiling ends in the interior change. :D

Glasgow is using that method too; the new Stadler trains are two identical units coupled together (after introduction of the new trains and retirement of the current fleet, platform doors will be installed);

(Yes, there are no driver cabs on this drawing. However, for the first few years, temporary driver cabs will be installed, as Glasgow doesn't plan to switch to automatic operation until the platform doors are in place, which can not be done while the old trains are still running.)
This train is for Glasgow, right?
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Yes it is
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

Now, that is some ugly train drawn there. Not to talk about the strange configuration of the consist itself. xD
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Guille3604 wrote: 14 May 2018, 21:12 Now, that is some ugly train drawn there. Not to talk about the strange configuration of the consist itself. xD
Agreed. Who designed that ugly duckling? :?
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 14 May 2018, 21:14
Guille3604 wrote: 14 May 2018, 21:12 Now, that is some ugly train drawn there. Not to talk about the strange configuration of the consist itself. xD
Agreed. Who designed that ugly duckling? :?
Actually, I really like the design... :D

http://www.spt.co.uk/cms/wp-content/upl ... 48x392.jpg
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

You're right. I take it back. :oops:
This is now a dead account.
MattH

Post by MattH »

Can anyone tell me why there is a hole in the destination roll around Capelle on the IJssel? (it's definitely not for computer-controlled destination rolls, I think it's a bug)
Also, why is the destination roll for Capelle on the IJssel purple on the SG2s and TBAs, but red on M2/1s?