London Underground 1973 stock

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MetroSimGermany

Re: London Underground 1973 stock

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Well there are physics values for rain and snow respectively in the train configs... But I guess those are just preperation for when weather is added.
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I found a document online, stating that the 1973 stock trains are composed of fixed 3-car units; DM+T+UNDM or DM+T+DM (DM = Driver Motorcar, T = Trailercar, UNDM = Uncoupling Non-Driver Motorcar). These units are coupled as follows; "London Underground Automatic Wedgelock between units, semi-permanent bar between cars within a unit."
As I want to make the 1973 stock for Metrosimulator realistic, I have abandoned my prior idea of releasing the train like I did with the Russian metro (a drivercar and a trailercar, to be combined to get the desired trainlength), and have gone for the more realistic model of the 3-car units. :)

I will provide;
  • London Underground 1973 stock "Single ended unit" (DM+T+UNDM)
  • London Underground 1973 stock "Double ended unit" (DM+T+DM*; the rear DM is slightly different from the front one)
  • Glasgow SPT repaint (as a single driver motorcar, to be coupled back-to-back)
The double ended units can run independently as a 3-car train, or coupled with a single ended unit (or another double ended unit) to form a 6-car train.
The single ended units need to be coupled with another unit to form a 6-car train.

This new way of doing it also ment I had to make an UNDM, to be able to complete the single ended units. And as the UNDM is equiped with a small controller for shunt movements in the depot (max 20 mph / 32 kmh), that had to be created too;

Just like in reality, the controller is hidden under a perch seat at the end of the car, which has to be opened to get to it;
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
BritDriver

Post by BritDriver »

I think you could also make a pre-refurbished 1973 tube stock:

The only difference between that and the current one is not only the colour scheme but the seating position and windows were different.

Before

After

Images by Flickr, TrainWeb and NYCSubway
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

There are more differences then that.
No, I'd rather concentrate on making the version I have now even better, and finishing the Glasgow route and other updates before 3.14. ;)
BritDriver

Post by BritDriver »

Whilst you're detailing that, these trains run on the Piccadilly line, so here's a video about secrets of the line:
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

BritDriver wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 15:03 Whilst you're detailing that, these trains run on the Piccadilly line, so here's a video about secrets of the line:
Captain obvious. He watched it already and he knows what line these run. :p
BritDriver

Post by BritDriver »

Oh.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes, I am aware of the Londonist channel and Geoff Marshall; I have subscribed on those channels long ago. ;)
Last edited by Sjoerd on 03 Apr 2018, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The 1973 stock trains now have their own sounds. ;)

One difference between the London and Glasgow versions; the London version has a "Mind the Gap" announcement after the doors are opened. In the Glasgow version, I left that announcement out.
dave9876543210

Post by dave9876543210 »

are you building a Wedgelock barrier wagon for towing failed units