General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Citadis

Re: Beta 3.13

Post by Citadis »

Thanks for return
Sjoerd, now you have animated one bridge,
Will you animate others?
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Citadis wrote: 07 May 2018, 09:03 Thanks for return
Sjoerd, now you have animated one bridge,
Will you animate others?
I did have a part in animating that bridge (regarding the timing of the animations), but most of the credit goes to Senjer; he did a great job building that bridge and animating it! ;)

No, I do not plan to animate other bridges at the moment.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Ibigoo

Post by Ibigoo »

Hi all,

i played with this sim many years ago then start to use it again during last weekend. Glad to see how far and well developed it is.
As i did not wanted to open a new topic, i would like to ask some question and share a couple of suggestion here:
- read about the "pause" possibility in the older posts; it is available for now or not? there is no sign for it at the key commands or in the wiki.
- i understand that modelling human motions and passengers are hard and need a lot of resource. however in the future is there any chance to simulate the passenger exchange time for example with a counter or a bar, like in MSTS (counter) or World of Subways 1-2? There may be some randomized factor to differ the stop time at the stations (more passengers on bigger stations or during rush hour, less travelers in the suburbs or during night, etc.)
- any chance for randomized technical failures?
- ...feedback from passengers, scoring of driving technique?

Thanks in advance, keep up the excellent work :)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Ibigoo wrote: 07 May 2018, 13:18 - read about the "pause" possibility in the older posts; it is available for now or not? there is no sign for it at the key commands or in the wiki.
As far as I know, it is not available (yet).
- i understand that modelling human motions and passengers are hard and need a lot of resource. however in the future is there any chance to simulate the passenger exchange time for example with a counter or a bar, like in MSTS (counter) or World of Subways 1-2? There may be some randomized factor to differ the stop time at the stations (more passengers on bigger stations or during rush hour, less travelers in the suburbs or during night, etc.)
It has not been build in (yet). I do not think we can expect this anytime soon.
- any chance for randomized technical failures?
Something like a defective door, or a malfunctioning electric motor meaning reduced acceleration? I like the idea, but the chance of such a failure should be very small; otherwise, it would be very poor maintenance.... :D
- ...feedback from passengers, scoring of driving technique?
Let's not turn this into some sort of arcade-game. It is supposed to be a simulator which approximates real world metro driving, and in reality, a driver does not get "you scored 100 points!" at the end of his route (or "game over!" when you arrive late at a station). :lol:
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Ibigoo wrote: 07 May 2018, 13:18 - read about the "pause" possibility in the older posts; it is available for now or not? there is no sign for it at the key commands or in the wiki.
On the other hand I discovered an alternative solution to suspend the simulation.
Pause MSB.png
Pause MSB.png (338.29 KiB) Viewed 5820 times
When you click twice on the window or once on the simulator icon on the window, it shows you a menu to set your window. From the onset of this menu, the simulation freezes until you make the menu disappear by clicking Elsewhere and the simulation restarts without any problem. You can use this small alternative to break (example: to go to toilet).
Ibigoo

Re: MP 85 & Sjoerd

Post by Ibigoo »

MP 85 wrote:When you click twice on the window or once on the simulator icon on the window, it shows you a menu to set your window. From the onset of this menu, the simulation freezes until you make the menu disappear by clicking Elsewhere and the simulation restarts without any problem. You can use this small alternative to break (example: to go to toilet).
Merci, i give it a try.

Sjoerd wrote:Something like a defective door, or a malfunctioning electric motor meaning reduced acceleration? I like the idea, but the chance of such a failure should be very small; otherwise, it would be very poor maintenance.... :D
Yes. It may be weighted, like in Omsi. There are variables (poor maintenance, excellent maintenance etc.) which define the frequency of failures. But it is just an idea.
Sjoerd wrote:Let's not turn this into some sort of arcade-game. It is supposed to be a simulator which approximates real world metro driving, and in reality, a driver does not get "you scored 100 points!" at the end of his route (or "game over!" when you arrive late at a station). :lol:
But there is an arcade option in the game ;)
Seriously speaking, if you do a terrible driving in real life you can receive a feedback; if not immediately but later, via the Facebook page of your transportation company. OK, not points and red "game over" signs, but at least a G-meter or some extract about the ride, like recorded arrival and departure time compared the timetable, or a recorded graph, like in ZuSi or here ;)
Or at least, a silent logging into an Excel sheet.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Ibigoo wrote: 07 May 2018, 21:28...but at least a G-meter or some extract about the ride, like recorded arrival and departure time compared the timetable, or a recorded graph, like in ZuSi or here ;)
Or at least, a silent logging into an Excel sheet.
I do not think that would be possible here. In most simulators, you are confined to one train, and therefore, logging how you are doing is possible. In Metrosimulator, you are always free to leave your train and take over another one. So what would the simulator be recording? The train you started the activity in? Follow you when you enter another train?
Personally, I would not be in favor of adding a feature like this, as there are a lot of other things that require a lot of time (like the wish to have the entire RET metro system in the simulator some day), which would be a lot more usefull then a function which could declare you "driver of the month" :D
(But that is just my opinion ;) )
But there is an arcade option in the game ;)
That's just an option to make things like coupling two units together a little less realistic ( = more easy).
If you want an arcade-type railway simulator, try "Densha de Go!". A Japanese railway simulator, which does award points after arrival at each station, based on your accuracy in time (to the second) and stopping at the platform (in centimeters).
And example in Youtube: https://youtu.be/h_5mQqFuvGM?t=12m53s
Citadis

Post by Citadis »

Do you plan to add a multiplayer in the game?
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !
Ibigoo

Post by Ibigoo »

@Sjoerd: I could be mistakable. I not expect a Densha de Go-like simplification, just would like to obtain some feedback about my driving skills. Appropriate feedback is a key of improvement :)
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

I just noticed that (http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Beta_3.14)!