Metro

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

LaFerrari86

Metro

Post by LaFerrari86 »

Hi!
Can the developers please make a Madrid Metro. I think the RSG3 is similar but can you do it with all the logos and simillar?
Sorry of grametical error(Im spanish)

https://www.google.es/url?sa=i&rct=j&q= ... s_0_158884

https://www.google.es/url?sa=i&rct=j&q= ... 9394724758
luka23

Re: Metro

Post by luka23 »

I wouldn't count on developers making extra models. The other models, like the KTM Tram and the 81-717 happened to be made because they were available in a model warehouse. Focus is currently on making sure the whole engine and simulation works properly, extra rolling stock will come in a much later stage, possible everyone will be able to create their own models and load in the sim, but this is for in the far future and only speculation.
Sjoerd

Re: Metro

Post by Sjoerd »

The KTM 23 tram is a modified version of a Sketchup model (I have changed the door layout), an then rebuild to work in Metrosimulator. The other KTM trams are self-build, based on the components of the KTM23.

The Moscow 81-717 is also a Sketchup model, and has only been rebuild (and animated) to work in Metrosimulator.

In both instances I found the 3D models on 3D warehouse on the internet (download for free, but do not distribute it commercially) to be of good quality.

I have taken a look at the Madrid metro model in that database as well; it has a nice passenger interior, but no driver cab (that space is empty), and the outside is very low quality; not much more then a box with a texture. Not worth the effort.
Also a point; the Madrid metro uses overhead wires instead of 3rd rail; you would be very limited in the current Metrosimulator routes (just like with the Bursa metro).
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D