Metrovagonmash 81-717

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Metrovagonmash 81-717

Post by Sjoerd »

Due to the tight rolling stock situation on the Rijndam 2020 metro network (there are no old SG2 units anymore, and not enough SG3 units to run all services at full length), the Rijndam Electrical Transport company has been searching for alternatives. After the succes of the KTM trams from the Russian manufacturer UKVZ, it was decided to look at Russia again and acquire second hand rolling stock (type 81-717/714, build by Metrovagonmash) from the Moscow metro system.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... Bridge.jpg

The first unit arrived by rail at Rijndam Molenwijk (it had been transformed from Russian broad gauge to standard gauge earlier ;) ).

From the trainstation, it is shunted back to the Depot Molenwijk RijndamRail sidings

When the freight locomotive has departed, the train is shunted into the workshop for an initial inspection

As no problems are detected, and the projectmanager for the aquisition of the 'new' rolling stock is very exited about the train, it is decided to do a testrun to Station Westplein the same evening (like SpaceX, the Rijndam Electrical Transport company believes that trial-and-error will result in faster development then static testing, reducing costs in the long run).

The train is not ready yet, but the modifications needed to clear it for passenger service are not expected to take long. The 81-717/714 trains are expected to enter service on Rijndam line M6 soon (in the next Metrosimulatior update). The current SG3 units on that line will then be available to realize longer trains on other lines.

-----
The basic model originates from the 3D Warehause database. I am giving it a revision to convert it for service in Metrosimulator (convert the 3D model in the correct format, taking it apart into seperate components, re-aplying the textures, put in animations, lighting, etc.).
Last edited by Sjoerd on 02 May 2018, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MP 85

Re: Metrovagonmash 81-717

Post by MP 85 »

;) Good Work
This rolling stock will run at 80 km / h ?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

According to Russian Wikipedia (https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/81-717/714) it will reach 90 km/h. So the Metrosimulator version does too. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
JeffT

Post by JeffT »

Looks great Sjoerd!
Thumbs up.
:)
Currently running Metro Simulator Beta on NVIDIA GeForce GT1030 2GB grafic card.
luka23

Post by luka23 »

Yes!!!! I love it!
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

I need it. No other words
This is now a dead account.
brozma

Post by brozma »

:shock: OH MAN! THAT'S INCREDIBLE! MY DREAM COME TRUE! :D I can finally drive a train which was in Prague metro too!
BTW what security system would they use in Rijndam metro network? I guess ATB
Originally 81-717 stock has a ARS system (ARS is from russian and stands for "Avtomatičeskoje regulovanije skorosti" which translates to: "Automatic speed regulation")
As far as I know ARS is in some extention similiar to ATB but there are many differences. For example
1st: When 81-717 stays in station and control lever is in "idle" position, ARS applies brakes to prevent train from moving down the slope.
2nd: ARS contains "pre-signalling". It means, when next block has a lower speed than actual one, where 81-717 is, the lower speed light is dimmly lit on dashboard of the cabin.
3rd: When speed restricted by ARS is exceeded, ARS activates buzzer and stops train completely. ATB only slows train down to restricted speed and that's all. Also when buzzer goes off, it won't stop buzzing until driver presses deadman pedal
4th: The speed restrictions signalled by ARS is also different. These are: Red 0, Yellow 40, Green 60, Green 70, Green 80. When Red 0 is displayed the train can move, but driver has to hold down deadman pedal and do not exceed 20 km/h. Also there's a OCh light (Och when translated means "no ARS signal). It lits up when ARS can't detect speed restriction signal. (ATB and ZUB shows 10 permissief when they can't detect their signal) When OCh light is lit the train behaves same like when Red 0 light is lit.
5th: Like ZUB, ARS also uses signal lights, but primary system is in train's dashboard with speed restriction lights. Also when next signal is red (and obviously Red 0 light lits up), you have to slow down to 20 km/h and stop before the red signal light. If you pass trough the red signal light, mechanical autostop kicks in and stops you.

If you wonder why I am so excited about this train, than you didn't know, that these trains were used in Prague aswell. Nowadays they were rebuilt and reconstructed version of Prague 81-717 is now called 81-717M. See topic "Arend Steam Railway" for more info!
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

1. Hmm MetroSim sorta does that too. At least the MG2/SG2 trains do that. I don't know if they do it when putting the lever from -1.00 to 0.00 or from 0.00 into 1.00 (haven't played for a month, been busy with Trainz projects...) but they do make a air brake release sound. I mean such a soft air brake is required on all Metro trains since E-Brake won't fully stop you nor will it keep you securely in one place, which is why all E-Braked metro trains do apply a soft brake when stopping

2. afaik this depends on the ARS Version. Old systems did not do that so if you didnt pay attention to the speed posts ARS would wake you up with a loud ring if you entered a zone with a lower speed limit. If you want to simulate a new ARS version you can still use the ZUB scripts since ZUB has pre signalling at least as far as the speeds go.

3. I can only tell from what I had in Metrostroi, which is the russian original train and might differ from the ones in Prague. There the buzzer sounded and if you didnt confirm it would stop the train completely. If you however did confirm it worked like ATB and only braked until ~2km/h below the speed limit.

4. it would be possible to modify the route speeds to only give out 40/60/70/80. The other things would require new scripts which I doubt were made.

5. As I said above, ZUB seems the more suitable simulation og ARS. So ZUBify the M6 maybe?

I still have my doubt there will be new scripts or new train behaviour here. I will be happy if it isnt the case, but I do assume its most likely a SG2 with a different outside model, unless we finally see custom scripts, train interieurs and sounds in MetroSim...

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
luka23

Post by luka23 »

It'll be hard to make a 100% correct remake because the cabins are different. When looking at this photo, I think it'll be the same cabin as the KTM tram, maybe the cab the model currently has (I don't know if it has any) but with Rotterdam Metro instruments.

If any new models are planned, it'd be nice to have a real train that has floors low enough for the railway platforms, much more exciting than the 9900 series RSG4 :p
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

What you just posted is the Cab of one of the modernized (or probably completely new; Metrowagonmash had a very weird deal there where the hungarian gouvernment tried to exclude other european companijes from getting the job of delivering them new trains) trains in Budapest.

That has nothing to do with how the cabs of 81-717s look like. There is no way to properly recreate one unless we get new scripts because of how they use a digital speedo without a needle, unique dashboard design...

I assume that we most likely get a MG2 dash here because the MG2 has the cab layout that comes the nearest to a 81-717 (the speedo would be completely wrong though)
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)