Metrovagonmash 81-717

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

brozma

Re: Metrovagonmash 81-717

Post by brozma »

Umm... I guess using cyrilic letters is not a good idea. In our community that can confuse newbies, that aren't from countries of former Soviet Russia or from countries of former Eastern block affected by Soviet Russia, and in real life, it would cause a confussion, because Netherlands weren't in Eastern block affected by Soviet Russia so people here weren't learned to speak russian at school. In my country only older generation can speak Russian and can read cyrilic letters. I have to admit, I can also read cyrilic letters especially russian, but my pronuciation skills and vocabulary knowledge is very poor.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I am only adding them as a little bonus, next to the normal display. In activities, the normal destination will be used. But as this is a Russian metro, I think it will be a nice gimmick if you can also manually set it to Russian letters. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Kroneheit

Post by Kroneheit »

I hope this will be the last other train. Sorry but i think that the Russian trains and the locomotive Arend dosen't fit in the Metrosimulator. Its nice that you make these trains but its dosen't fit to Rotterdam.
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Kroneheit wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 11:14 I hope this will be the last other train. Sorry but i think that the Russian trains and the locomotive Arend dosen't fit in the Metrosimulator. Its nice that you make these trains but its dosen't fit to Rotterdam.
Metrosimulator is not (only) about Rotterdam; it's just inspired of it.
Just a reminder, a map of Glasgow Subway is also being made by Sjoerd and it's going to be released in a future version (not in 3.13) → http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Glasgow
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Speaking of Glasgow, lets use the 81-717 stock there too. Just for fun.
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Jim2016 wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 12:02
Metrosimulator is not (only) about Rotterdam; it's just inspired of it.
Just a reminder, a map of Glasgow Subway is also being made by Sjoerd and it's going to be released in a future version (not in 3.13) → http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Glasgow
That's right. It is called Metrosimulator, not "RET simulator". So a Russian metro is not out of place.

The Arend is, but that was just intended as a little new year special, to use something build earlier for the Rijndam transport museum but had to take out because of the framerate impact on that big network.
Kroneheit

Post by Kroneheit »

Ah ok. I know. Thanks
brozma

Post by brozma »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 14:58 Speaking of Glasgow, lets use the 81-717 stock there too. Just for fun.
Good Idea! :!: Maybe in the future, we'll have Glasgow in RET style with MG2 and 81-717 stock :D ;)

And for everyone: You needn't only thank Sjoerd for 81-717 stock, but you can also thank me, because I guess, that by mentioning 81-717 stock in "Arend Steam Railway" topic, I proabably "kickstarted" Sjoerd's idea about placing 81-717 stock. Maybe he planned it before and my mention was a coincidence, but I doubt it :? .
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

brozma wrote: 29 Jan 2018, 17:24 And for everyone: You needn't only thank Sjoerd for 81-717 stock, but you can also thank me, because I guess, that by mentioning 81-717 stock in "Arend Steam Railway" topic, I proabably "kickstarted" Sjoerd's idea about placing 81-717 stock. Maybe he planned it before and my mention was a coincidence, but I doubt it :? .
With that said, we might as well just throw out any subway series that comes to mind like the R62A or the R160A or even the A650 and hope for the best. :lol: :oops:
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 29 Jan 2018, 17:24 And for everyone: You needn't only thank Sjoerd for 81-717 stock, but you can also thank me, because I guess, that by mentioning 81-717 stock in "Arend Steam Railway" topic, I proabably "kickstarted" Sjoerd's idea about placing 81-717 stock. Maybe he planned it before and my mention was a coincidence, but I doubt it :? .
Haha, you're right :D
I have always liked the design of that type of metro since I saw pictures of them in books years ago. When you mentioned it, I decided to take a look online to see what I could find. And I found a basic model which was relatively user-friendly, and with a good detail level. The fact that this rolling stock type can be found on many metro networks in different countries, just made it more attractive to convert for Metrosimulator. ;)