Arend Steam Railway

General discussions

Moderators: senjer, Tom

User avatar
Guille3604
Posts: 124
Joined: 01 Nov 2013, 10:32
Location: Spain, Valencia

Re: Arend Steam Railway

Post by Guille3604 » 01 Jan 2018, 20:59

Michiel wrote:
01 Jan 2018, 17:49
Yeah, just not 175 years ago :P
Figures! :lol:

User avatar
brozma
Posts: 133
Joined: 11 Sep 2013, 16:27
Location: Prague, Czech Republic

Re: Arend Steam Railway

Post by brozma » 03 Jan 2018, 23:07

Guille3604 wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 13:51
Darn, I want those plugins, I have some japanese trains waiting on the line too! xD
Me too! Just imagine Ezh3, 81-717, 81-717M and Siemens M1 in metrosim.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English

User avatar
MetroSimGermany
Posts: 338
Joined: 08 Mar 2016, 14:41
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: Arend Steam Railway

Post by MetroSimGermany » 04 Jan 2018, 18:15

...Metrostroi exists for a reason :lol:
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Image
discord.io/trains

User avatar
Sjoerd
Posts: 2449
Joined: 26 Dec 2014, 21:14
Location: Leiden

Re: Arend Steam Railway

Post by Sjoerd » 04 Jan 2018, 21:11

brozma wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 23:07
Just imagine Ezh3, 81-717, 81-717M and Siemens M1 in metrosim.
You mean this one?
Image

I have found a pretty good model of it on 3D Warehause....
Who knows; perhaps I'll make a Metrosimulatior revision of the model :D
MetroSimGermany wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 18:15
...Metrostroi exists for a reason :lol:
Well, it is becoming obsolete then; nothing beats Metrosimulator, with it's realistic ATB, ZUB and CVL systems :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D

User avatar
brozma
Posts: 133
Joined: 11 Sep 2013, 16:27
Location: Prague, Czech Republic

Re: Arend Steam Railway

Post by brozma » 04 Jan 2018, 23:13

Sjoerd wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 21:11
brozma wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 23:07
Just imagine Ezh3, 81-717, 81-717M and Siemens M1 in metrosim.
You mean this one?
Image

I have found a pretty good model of it on 3D Warehause....
Who knows; perhaps I'll make a Metrosimulatior revision of the model :D
MetroSimGermany wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 18:15
...Metrostroi exists for a reason :lol:
Well, it is becoming obsolete then; nothing beats Metrosimulator, with it's realistic ATB, ZUB and CVL systems :D
@Sjoerd: Umm... you almost hit the spot! Prague version of 81-717 look similiar but color is different and it lacks frontlights on upperside of the front mask.

It looks like this:
Image

Oh and BTW nice map with steam locomotive. At first I thought "Well I can use this steam locomotive as a backup train on any available map and for shunting other trains." But when I opened Simlvliet to test it and went to spawn menu, that locomotive wasn't there. At first I was like: "Dafuq?! :?: :x Is it corrupted or something?!" But then I checked the gauge of the rail in the park map and realized: "Pffft! How can I be so dumb? That locomotive requires wider gauge than standard. That's why I can't spawn it."

@MetroSimGermany: Well I have Metrostroi addon for Garry's mod aswell, but sadly, I can't start up Garry's mod and metrosim beta at the same time because of 4GB of RAM. If I do it, I'll proabably get the BSOD because of RAM overload, and I don't count the fact that spawning more than 3-4 cars cause my FPS to drastically drop, making Garry's mod almost unplayable.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English

User avatar
luka23
Posts: 207
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 19:41

Re: Arend Steam Railway

Post by luka23 » 05 Jan 2018, 11:41

@Brozma I was in Prague in the summer of 2016 and I didn't see an with that "traditional" front, they were all rebuilt AFAIK. Though I would love to see the 81-717! They're very similar to the MG2 stock and it was a pleasure to drive around in a blue old noisy subway car in Budapest, made me think I was in the MG2 again :D
Op oude forum LukRacer...
Iemand een '57 Gibson Les Paul Custom gevonden vlakbij Alexanderpark?

User avatar
MetroSimGermany
Posts: 338
Joined: 08 Mar 2016, 14:41
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: Arend Steam Railway

Post by MetroSimGermany » 05 Jan 2018, 21:03

Metrostroi has pretty realistic train protection systems as well. Also theres neither ATB or ZUB in Russia :roll:


I don't want to bring too much off topic or other sims here, but with https://subtrans.it/ being in (a currently slow but sure) developement there will a proper successor to Metrostroi :)



Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Image
discord.io/trains

User avatar
brozma
Posts: 133
Joined: 11 Sep 2013, 16:27
Location: Prague, Czech Republic

Re: Arend Steam Railway

Post by brozma » 05 Jan 2018, 22:39

luka23 wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 11:41
@Brozma I was in Prague in the summer of 2016 and I didn't see an with that "traditional" front, they were all rebuilt AFAIK. Though I would love to see the 81-717! They're very similar to the MG2 stock and it was a pleasure to drive around in a blue old noisy subway car in Budapest, made me think I was in the MG2 again :D
You're right Luka. They were rebuilt and since 2009 the "original" 81-717 isn't in service anymore.

Maybe you saw this train if you took a ride on A and/or B line:
Image
That's 81-717M. It was made by rebuilding "old" 81-717 trains.
interesting fact: 81-717M's noise when they go fast in the tunnel is similiar to 81-717 stock. Only difference in noises is high pitched wheezing noise which 81-717M stock emits, when they are stopping or departing from station.

If you took a ride on C line maybe you saw this train
Image
That's Siemens M1. It was made for C line to replace "old" Ezh3 stock. It was made by two companies: Siemens and CHKD (ČKD)

Also when you talked about similarities, I can confirm that MG2 and 81-717 looks similiar to me aswell ;).
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English

RotterdamMetroLover
Posts: 337
Joined: 23 Jan 2017, 15:21

Re: Arend Steam Railway

Post by RotterdamMetroLover » 06 Jan 2018, 13:20

brozma wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 22:39

You're right Luka. They were rebuilt and since 2009 the "original" 81-717 isn't in service anymore.

Maybe you saw this train if you took a ride on A and/or B line:
That's 81-717M. It was made by rebuilding "old" 81-717 trains.
interesting fact: 81-717M's noise when they go fast in the tunnel is similiar to 81-717 stock. Only difference in noises is high pitched wheezing noise which 81-717M stock emits, when they are stopping or departing from station.

If you took a ride on C line maybe you saw this train
That's Siemens M1. It was made for C line to replace "old" Ezh3 stock. It was made by two companies: Siemens and CHKD (ČKD)

Also when you talked about similarities, I can confirm that MG2 and 81-717 looks similiar to me aswell ;).
If i'm not wrong the 81-717 were modernized by Skoda Transportation, is that right?

User avatar
brozma
Posts: 133
Joined: 11 Sep 2013, 16:27
Location: Prague, Czech Republic

Re: Arend Steam Railway

Post by brozma » 06 Jan 2018, 16:06

RotterdamMetroLover wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 13:20
brozma wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 22:39

You're right Luka. They were rebuilt and since 2009 the "original" 81-717 isn't in service anymore.

Maybe you saw this train if you took a ride on A and/or B line:

That's 81-717M. It was made by rebuilding "old" 81-717 trains.
interesting fact: 81-717M's noise when they go fast in the tunnel is similiar to 81-717 stock. Only difference in noises is high pitched wheezing noise which 81-717M stock emits, when they are stopping or departing from station.

If you took a ride on C line maybe you saw this train

That's Siemens M1. It was made for C line to replace "old" Ezh3 stock. It was made by two companies: Siemens and CHKD (ČKD)

Also when you talked about similarities, I can confirm that MG2 and 81-717 looks similiar to me aswell ;).
If i'm not wrong the 81-717 were modernized by Skoda Transportation, is that right?
Yes it is! Skoda transportation modernized 81-717 stock. I wonder if Skoda transportation makes a new rolling stock for Prague metro in the future. Prague transport company doesn't have many manufacturers to choose from. Metrowagonmash (company which made 81-717 stock) doesn't cooperate with Prague anymore since 1989 and in same year CHKD (ČKD) company bankrupted. Siemens don't care about rolling stock anymore and went back to making cellphones and other household appliances (frigdes, washing machines)
This also applies to trams. Tatra company doesn't care about trams anymore and went back to making lorries and trucks and CHKD (ČKD) bankrupted as you could read above.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests