Discrepancy

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

LosAngelesMetro56

Discrepancy

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

So since the SG2 and the SG2/1 have turning/hazard signals, why doesn't it have rearview mirrors? If it is supposed to be a light rail vehicle (metro like tram), where's the rearview mirrors? These companies need to think... Even if they are supposed to be metros, if the vehicles are built to be considered a 2 cab articulated light rail vehicle, then it needs those mirror. If it has cameras, the mirrors would be there to back it up. If an SG2 needs to street run and there's a turn where the driver needs to look back, he needs the mirrors. This is something in reality that needs to be fixed. :roll:
Last edited by LosAngelesMetro56 on 03 Sep 2017, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
This is now a dead account.
RotterdamMetroLover

Re: Discrepancy

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Because they have a monitor in the cabin and they are automaticly connected to the security camera's on all stations, even underground ones. So mirrors are not needed.
JeffT

Post by JeffT »

In the beginning did Mg2 have train guard?
Currently running Metro Simulator Beta on NVIDIA GeForce GT1030 2GB grafic card.
senjer

Post by senjer »

The SG2, SG2/1 and SG3 don't have mirrors in real life because they are not required by dutch law. This due to the fact that the metro doesn't make sharp turns on places other traffic can go and driving backwards isn't needed because you can chance cabins. On the stations, the driver can see the platform by a screen on the platform or on his screen in the cabin.

Even the citadis trams of Rotterdam don't have mirrors they use camera's to see behind them.
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Ik this is Off-topic, but the Avenio tram in The Hague does not have mirrors either, same as the citadis tram.
brozma

Post by brozma »

senjer wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 08:52 The SG2, SG2/1 and SG3 don't have mirrors in real life because they are not required by dutch law.
Well that explains why these models doesn't have rearwiew mirrors. In Czech Republic all rail vehicles has rearwiew mirrors. All Prague trams have them. Even 81-717M and Siemens M1 in Prague has them aswell. For those who don't know. 81-717M train is renovated and modified version of russian train 81-717 and is used on lines A and B. Siemens M1 is a replacement train which replaced outdated russian Ezh3 trains on line C.

Well to be honest. Both Prague trains even has a wiper on windscreen, and I found windscreen wiper only on SG2 and on RSG2 trains, on other trains is missing. But I guess wiper isn't here because it wasn't necessary or it's an oversight by Michiel when he was making models. What's the true reason, that MG2, SG3, RSG3 don't have windscreen wiper? It's because it wasn't necessary or it's an oversight by Michiel.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
LosAngelesMetro56

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 01:36 If it has cameras, the mirrors would be there to back it up.
The point of this statement is what if the cameras or monitors don't work due to mechanical/technical issues?
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 16:02 The point of this statement is what if the cameras or monitors don't work due to mechanical/technical issues?
Throw them in the garbage? :P
I'm not here.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 16:02The point of this statement is what if the cameras or monitors don't work due to mechanical/technical issues?
For the metro the cameras are only used at stations for checking the doors. If the cameras or monitor malfunction for some reason, the driver can simply open the window and stick his head outside, they mounted a button to close the doors right next to the window for that reason :P
LosAngelesMetro56

Samuel wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 16:07 Throw them in the garbage? :P
K but, the stock still needs to be in service or else you're going to have a delay(s) because a stock is being maintained and there aren't stocks in reserve on a long range route. Even though looking out the windows is an option, I would like to focus on the rails and be able to look back via mirrors.