Raildriver Controller

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

BlindNacho

Raildriver Controller

Post by BlindNacho »

Hi

As a trains enthusiast and a fan of Metro Simulator I would like to know if the game is compatible with the Raildriver desktop cab controller. If not, are the developers thinking of making it compatible or is it even possible?

Just for curiosity :D
Attachments
Raildriver desktop controller
Raildriver desktop controller
$_58.JPG (24.47 KiB) Viewed 5574 times
Jim2016

Re: Raildriver Controller

Post by Jim2016 »

I don’t think it’s compatible. But support for it may be added in the future.

@Michiel and @senjer can give you a better answer.
BlindNacho

Post by BlindNacho »

Jim2016 wrote: 02 Sep 2017, 20:11 I don’t think it’s compatible. But support for it may be added in the future.

@Michiel and @senjer can give you a better answer.
It would be really sick, that's why I asked. I don't know if it depends of Michiel and Senjer or of P.I. Engineering (controller's manufactor). Either way, I hope that it will be compatible with the game in the future!
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

I think Michiel (who is the game developer) can add an option to use this controller with the sim, but it would take some time.
Also he would need to buy one in order to make it compatible and contact the manufacturer in case the Raildriver software has to be updated for the sim.
BlindNacho

Post by BlindNacho »

Jim2016 wrote: 02 Sep 2017, 20:25 I think Michiel (who is the game developer) can add an option to use this controller with the sim, but it would take some time.
Also he would need to buy one in order to make it compatible and contact the manufacturer in case the Raildriver software has to be updated for the sim.
Well, I'll leave the sugestion for him to analyse :D
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Is this still in use for simulators? Because I only saw this working with MSTS... Therefore, it's also used for train engineers instruction, as I know.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

the priniciple behind the controller was very simple iirc and it was quite a dumb thing with games that didnt have native implementation, where the software tried to actually read train speeds from the screen and so on it was possible to desync the thing with the game.
I think it is possible to make the controller just send out key presses basically, so at least the M/SG 2 trains would be nice to drive as they have fixed lever positions that change with a key press
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I had one of these once, which I used with MSTS. After a short while, I stopped using it and I sold it again, as I found working with a normal keyboard worked a lot better. And I have also used a joystick for a while, using the "joycur" tool to change joystick movements into key commands. But that was before I started using Metrosimulator.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
BlindNacho

Post by BlindNacho »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 11:19 Is this still in use for simulators? Because I only saw this working with MSTS... Therefore, it's also used for train engineers instruction, as I know.
Yes it is but I can tell you more through PM
BlindNacho

Post by BlindNacho »

MetroSimGermany wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 11:39 the priniciple behind the controller was very simple iirc and it was quite a dumb thing with games that didnt have native implementation, where the software tried to actually read train speeds from the screen and so on it was possible to desync the thing with the game.
I think it is possible to make the controller just send out key presses basically, so at least the M/SG 2 trains would be nice to drive as they have fixed lever positions that change with a key press
Thought the same!