Beta 3.12

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MetroSimGermany

Re: Beta 3.12

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Wouldnt that be better in the Rijndam thread?
Pretty sure its a easy fix in the activity file anyways (the doors)

Idk about the drims, but maybe this happens when a train which departs later, but has a shedule which in the list comes before the train departing earlier and that exact train also spawns at a station, MetroSim loads the later departing trains shedule first and thus displays it first?
Is the train at the platform the train shown on the display going to Centraa Station?

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The doors issue you can solve yourself in the ACT-file. Just look up the train there and change the code from doorsleft to doorsright (or the other way around).

The DRIM will always show the train which is at the platform at that moment on the first line. So the other train, announced for departure in 2 minutes, will probably be diverted to the other track when it arrives (and the DRIM will then say that it will depart from track 3 -> "Vertrekt van spoor 3").
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
brozma

Post by brozma »

Hey guys! Maybe I am a bit off topic, but I am trying to link back to disscusion about annoucers which was led here a few posts ago. Maybe you have noticed that I mentioned in many topics, that for english annouces I use Speakonia. This maybe sounds cool, but there's one thing that messes up those "annoucements". When I type any dutch word in Speakonia (typically a station name), the english text-to-speech voice mispronouce them. Luckily, Speakonia has a lexicon option, so I can fix those mispronouciations, but I have no idea, how these word are pronouced correctly in dutch. Can you please help me with it? I'll type here words which are mispronouced and how english text to speech voices pronouces them (I tried every text-to-speech voice I have. All of them mispronouce those words the same way). The list will look like this: word = "how to text-to-speech voice pronouces it" (Repeating leters in phonetical transcription means long "leter repeating" pronouciation)

Rijndam = "Ridzhndm"
Simvliet = "Simvliiit"
Molenwijk = "Molenvidzhk"
Transferium Rijndijk = "Transferium Ridzhndichk"
Lierdijk = Liirdichk"
's Gravendijk = "Sgravendidzhk"
Noordvliet = "Nordvliit"
Rijnland Ziekenhuis = "Ridzhnland Ciknhujs"
Rijndam Zuid = "Ridzhndam ciid"
Buitenvelden = "Biutnveldn"
Bergpark = "Brgpark"
Simvliet Buiten = "Simvliit Biutn"

Can you tell me, how are these words pronouced correctly in dutch?
This list is not final, maybe I can add more words in the future.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

Rijndam = "Raidnam" (soft R sound)
Simvliet = "Simfliet" (V sounds like an F)
Molenwijk = "Molenwik (J doesn't sound)
Transferium Rijndijk = "Transferium Raindik" (Again, J doesn't sound)
Lierdijk = "Leerdik" (Same as above)
's Gravendijk = "sgravendik" (S sticks with Gravendijk)
Noordvliet = "Nodflit" (soft R and again, V sounds like F, short double O)
Rijnland Ziekenhuis = "Rainland Sieknhouse" (Z sounds like S and the "en" in Zieken can be barely heard)
Rijndam Zuid = "Raindam Zud" (you can try to said the "i" in Zuid, I would just avoid it)
Buitenvelden = "Bautenfelden" (ui sounds like "au", like in "down" (British accent))
Bergpark = I should say that, the same in this case
Simvliet Buiten = "Simfliet Bauten" (again same case as above)

I ain't no native, but I've lived in the Netherlands for 5 years and I normally tend to stick with the native pronunciation, whatever language I learn, so I could say that 95% sure is said that way.

Hope helps! :D
metroverslaafde

Post by metroverslaafde »

If you really want to know how al of the stations are pronounced in Dutch, use the bing translator. Select the language you want to hear. In most cases they will be pronounced correctly.
luka23

Post by luka23 »

For Simvliet you can try Simfleet, for Rijndam try Rhinedam, for Noordvliet try Northfleet and for everything that ends in -dijk, replace the -dijk with -dyke. With places like Zuid and Ziekenhuis you'd be better off using South and Hospital, as this is what it translates to.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Maybe in a future update (perhaps beta 3.13 or up), there will be a third line connecting Simvliet West to Simvliet Poort? But in this scenario, Bursa traIns couldn't be used...
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 18 Dec 2017, 20:52 Maybe in a future update (perhaps beta 3.13 or up), there will be a third line connecting Simvliet West to Simvliet Poort? But in this scenario, Bursa traIns couldn't be used...
This line can not be electrified because the tunnel is too low to install a catenary. Perhaps it is necessary to use (as in Rijndam) the idea of SG4 on battery.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

My mistake, I mean a third rail, like used in Line C, to eletrify the line. But the battery power is also a good idea.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
brozma

Post by brozma »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 19:15 My mistake, I mean a third rail, like used in Line C, to eletrify the line. But the battery power is also a good idea.
That's the same idea, I mentioned in "Livestreams" topic, when I was describing, how simulation of battery power works. I still think, that's a good idea. I can't explore that Simvliet poort branch properly, because when I send an electric train (tram) of any kind into Simvliet poort, they lose power and get stuck in there until I tow them away with diesel loc. Man that sux! :x
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English