Beta 3.12

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Michiel
Site Admin

Re: Beta 3.12

Post by Michiel »

Sjoerd wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 19:21And also; how far are Rijndam and Simvliet apart? :)
Hard to say, never thought about that part. The railway line at Simvliet heads east, so I would say it would connect to Rijndam at Molenwijk. From there it's 5km to Rijndam Centraal. Within the Simvliet map the distance from Simvliet Centraal and the end of the track at SPOILER ALERT is about 8,5km, so that would make the central stations at least 13,5 kilometers apart, excluding whatever we would add in between the cities. Once the game is able to handle twice the amount of vehicles with good performance I will merge the routes and let you fill in the space in between our cities 8-)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Michiel wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 19:36 Once the game is able to handle twice the amount of vehicles with good performance I will merge the routes and let you fill in the space in between our cities 8-)
That sounds good. :)
If you can develop that; once the two routes are linked together into one map, it will also be a lot easier to create a matching-distance historic railway version. But before linking, let's do that on the basis of our next (v3.13) Simvliet and Rijndam versions, in order to start with the most up-to-date modern networks. ;)

Perhaps a good idea; the original Amsterdam-Haarlem railway, where the first Dutch passenger trains ran, was about 15 kilometers long. But as in both cities the original stations where outside of the city itself, and extended a few years later into the city, perhaps you could distance the two networks at a central station to central station distance of around 18 km (the current distance between the Haarlem and Amsterdam main stations).
Of course; an 1839 historic version would not include both cities entirely, as the line linking them would be the only line in the network. But being able to build it on the basis of a 2020-combined-network would be a very good start. ;)

(Just brainstorming here.... No promisses at this point ;) )
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

What just happened?

Super map!?
This is now a dead account.
MattH

Post by MattH »

18km? That's shorter than Rotterdam to Den Haag...
I'm thinking the distance would be more like 30-40km (assuming these cities are two large cities in the alternate-Netherlands)
There might be a smaller city (with no metro) between the 2 cities ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

MattH wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 20:43 I'm thinking the distance would be more like 30-40km (assuming these cities are two large cities in the alternate-Netherlands)
Simvliet is not a big city. It’s a small business area (something like Monument in Rijndam) with no residential buildings. The residential areas are in the suburbs (De Molens, Stadionweg,Oostpark etc.)
MattH

Post by MattH »

Jim2016 wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 21:23 Simvliet is not a big city. It’s a small business area (something like Monument in Rijndam) with no residential buildings. The residential areas are in the suburbs (De Molens, Stadionweg,Oostpark etc.)
Simvliet is big enough to have it's own metro system, but Rijndam is larger. (2020: 6 lines in Rijndam v. 3 in Simvliet)

Simvliet does have apartments in and near the city centre (in the old town near the railway, Kruidveldlaan, De-Bergen), but most of the buildings in Simvliet look post-1950s/60s (esp. past Rooseveltlaan), while in Rijndam there is a mix of ages of buildings (older with newer buildings can be found near Monument/Buitenvelden and near Rijndam Central station).
brozma

Post by brozma »

Michiel wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 19:36
Sjoerd wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 19:21And also; how far are Rijndam and Simvliet apart? :)
Hard to say, never thought about that part. The railway line at Simvliet heads east, so I would say it would connect to Rijndam at Molenwijk. From there it's 5km to Rijndam Centraal. Within the Simvliet map the distance from Simvliet Centraal and the end of the track at SPOILER ALERT is about 8,5km, so that would make the central stations at least 13,5 kilometers apart, excluding whatever we would add in between the cities. Once the game is able to handle twice the amount of vehicles with good performance I will merge the routes and let you fill in the space in between our cities 8-)
Well Michiel, you don't need to combine two maps into bigger one. You can make a situation called "map shifting". It means: when you go behind Molenwijk in Rijndam and you reach certain point, the game will change map from Rijndam 2020 to Simvliet 2020. On screen you'll see message saying: "Loading Simvliet 2020" and after some time (depending how fast is your computer) *bam*, you're in Simvliet (in the lower section of the map where nowadays are loops). This also applies if you go from Simvliet to Rijndam (but instead of message "Loading Simvliet 2020" You'll see "Loading Rijndam 2020.")
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Yeah but we don't want loading screens.
This is now a dead account.
brozma

Post by brozma »

Also there's one question to be answered. I read an article in wiki about MCV 9100 MP which uses pneumatic tires for operation (cool. i guess Sjoerd got inspired in Paris metro system). But I thought to myself "well, in order to operate an eletric train there must be closed electric circuit. on steel-wheels-on-steel-tracks trains the current comes from third rail/overhead wire through third rail shoe/pantograph and supplies components in train. Then it goes to earth trough wheels and rails. But rubber tires can't conduct electricity, so current can't go through wheels to earth. :| So how can electric train on pneumatic tires operate normally and how can electric current get to earth when rubber tires can't conduct electricity? :?:
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 16:11 So how can electric train on pneumatic tires operate normally and how can electric current get to earth when rubber tires can't conduct electricity? :?:
Perhaps this explains it for you.
On the right: the power system. On the left: a demonstration of the failsafe in case of a flat tire.
The dark blue tracks, marked C', are standard gauge and can also still be used by normal trains.

http://www.emdx.org/rail/metro/Images/P ... roPneu.gif
http://www.emdx.org/rail/metro/principe.php
Légende :

A Pneu principal
Le poids des voitures ainsi que l'effort de traction est normalement supporté par les pneus. Pour des raisons de résistance à l'incendie et pour éviter la corrosion des carcasses radiales, ils sont gonflés à l'azote.
A' Piste de roulement en béton
Les pneus roulent sur cette piste qui est fixée directement au radier. Au droit des aiguilles et des coeurs d'aiguillages, elles sont souvent en métal.
B Roues de guidage
Ces petits pneus montés horizontalement guident le bogie et les voitures sur la voie en s'appuyant sur les barres de guidage.
B' Barres de guidage
Elles servent à la fois à guider les bogies sur la voie, ainsi qu'à fournir le courant nécéssaire à la traction. Elles sont continuellement sous tension et sont soutenues par des isolateurs (D). Le voltage utilisé à Montréal est de 750 volts.
C Roue de sécurité
En cas de crevaison ou de dégonflement, elles s'abaissent et font contact avec le rail de métal. Dans les aiguillages, les aiguilles entrent en contact avec les boudins et réorientent le bogie s'il est nécéssaire de changer de voie. Elles ont un boudin plus long tel qu'illustré pour pouvoir entrer au contact des aiguilles alors que la roue ne repose pas sur le rail.
C' Rail de métal
C'est une voie ferrée tout ce qu'il y a classique, jusqu'à l'écartement (1.435m - 4' 8" 1/2). Ils servent à la fois de voie de sécurité en cas de dégonflement des pneus, et de voie pour certains matériels de service et draisines; le courant de traction retourne par là.
D Isolateurs des barres de guidage
Ils isolent électriquement les barres de guidage et supportent également ces dernières qui subissent d'ailleurs les efforts latéraux pour conserver les rames sur la voie.
E Isolateurs des rails
Ils isolent électriquement les rails métalliques qui servent de retour de courant, et supportent le poids du matériel qui y circule.
Les rails métalliques sont isolés électriquement du radier, cela afin d'éviter des courants vagabonds et les problèmes de corrosion galvaniques qu'ils provoquent trop souvent. Ils ne sont donc pas considérés comme étant mis à la terre, et le personnel est instruit de les considérer avec la même attention que les barres de guidage.
F Frotteur latéral
Ils prennent le courant à partir des barres de guidage.
G Frotteur négatif
Ils assurent le retour de courant par les rails métalliques.
H Détecteur de crevaison
Quand un pneu est dégonflé et la roue de sécurité entre en contact mécanique avec le rail métallique, le boudin descend très bas et entre en contact avec la pédale de détection qui, actionnée, déclenche l'alerte.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D