The clock in Metro Simulator

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MattGames

The clock in Metro Simulator

Post by MattGames »

Hi, I am making my own activity to Rijndam 2018 and the last running metro comes to Molenwijk at 02:29am and I am wondering can I set the time to 02:29 in the ACT file or do I need to set it to 27:29 as the simulators clock have done to me many times in Simvliet 2013. :?:
Cheers from Finland :D
Sjoerd

Re: The clock in Metro Simulator

Post by Sjoerd »

After midnight the clock does not reset, so you should keep counting to higher numbers ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MattGames

Post by MattGames »

Thanks Sjoerd :D
Cheers from Finland :D
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

The time is always relative to the date of the timetable the train belongs to. So a train that belongs to the Friday timetable but runs through the night and only arrives at it's final destination Saturday early morning will arrive at for example 28:42. Real life NS timetable includes time up to 30:00 because of this.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Indeed. I have build timetables for the public transport company Syntus, and the timetable program they are using goes up to 37:00. Not that those high time are ever used, but at least it is available when needed. It could be usefull for planning long distance nightlines (perhaps a Eurolines busline from Paris to Madrid or something line that).
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D