Create the activity

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

metro1

Create the activity

Post by metro1 »

Despite the tutorial on the site, I still have not understood how to create an activity. I have to go in the simulator and enter the command? :?
Sjoerd

Re: Create the activity

Post by Sjoerd »

Activities must be written in an text editor like Wordpad. There is no dedicated activity editor.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
PostTEB

Post by PostTEB »

Yet ;)
I’m alive again yeet
me being here wondering about the editor
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

PostTEB wrote: 27 Dec 2017, 15:16Yet ;)
Good idea. You can start a new topic about that. If it’s near completion, post some screenshots too.
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

well if someone were to import the CVL track plans by hand into a external program and assign them their respective codelines for activity files we could have a editor simmilar to the good old MSTS activity editor allowing us to build activities on a graphical UI, maybe with a integrated consist editor?
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
brozma

Post by brozma »

MetroSimGermany wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 10:20 well if someone were to import the CVL track plans by hand into a external program and assign them their respective codelines for activity files we could have a editor simmilar to the good old MSTS activity editor allowing us to build activities on a graphical UI, maybe with a integrated consist editor?
Good idea, but don't forget about Michiel. IDK, if he agrees with this activity editor. Also feel free to make that activity editor (if Michiel approves it). I would like to make it, but my programming skills really sux.
Also be careful, when you make external program, which manipulates with sim's data, (activity editor uses CVL data files to determine the route) this Michiel can qualify as game file modifying and If I am right, modifying sim's data files and releasing them here on the forum breaks copyright laws.

Just imagine, that I released a code of beta 3.12.000 file, where I did some modifications eg. modified trams' max. speed governor, so they can go faster than 72 km/h. When michiel sees it, he'll be like this: :evil: :evil:, and I'll get permabanned from this forum for breaking copyright laws
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

1. CVL files and activity files can be edited by anyone in a text editor without any tricks unlike with 000 files, so making a program that just gives you a better UI for writing to such files should not be a problem.

2. While I agree with you that releasing modified 000 files is a no go, and not a thing done by the consist & train specs editor that could be written, instead just a program for easy editing (that you can otherwise still achive with hex editor programs) is supplied here.

3. I do too lack the coding skills to make such a thing, was just thinkering here ;)

4. Tbh I have never seen big problems related to copyright around MetroSim, like there are several Metro Sim downloads available outside of this site which don't really seem authorized

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)