Glasgow

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sgt_DeBones

Re: Glasgow

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Sjoerd wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 08:49 What problem did you encounter? What exactly did you do, what were you expecting to result from that, and what happened instead?
(Tell me what to do to reproduce the problem)
I accidentally sent a 6 car train onto the outter loop, forgetting to uncouple 3 cars. So I decided to do it after my train immediately exited the wye junction (block 247 before Govan) in which I sent the first train off to space them apart. After sending the second train off, 247 was occupied by the infamous invisible train glitch. Otherwise the route is perfectly fine. A human error would result in a technical error essentially.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I tried it, but here, I did not encounter the problem, once the second train enters Govan, block 247 clears;

Well, let's hope that it's already solved fot the next version then (I did make a small change in that tunnelsection a few days ago, based on something I recently noticed on a Youtube video) ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Will the original stock be upgraded as well? One annoying thing about it is the lack of backlit controls, you have to drive with the cab light on to see the speed limit and speedometer, and that's not very accurate. I've seen in the 3.16 video preview that the LU 1973 stock got backlit controls.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Sjoerd wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 19:38 Well, let's hope that it's already solved fot the next version then (I did make a small change in that tunnelsection a few days ago, based on something I recently noticed on a Youtube video) ;)
Maybe it was another individual technical error (such as my slow *ss laptop's fault which I found out isn't capable of creating 3d models too)
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Nicolas wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 23:16 Will the original stock be upgraded as well? One annoying thing about it is the lack of backlit controls, you have to drive with the cab light on to see the speed limit and speedometer, and that's not very accurate.
Good suggestion. I have build it in. ;)
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

Is everyone obsessed with Glasgow now?
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It's the next thing that will be released (unless someone else has something they are going to release in the next 2-3 days? :D ).
TS_Trainspotter

Post by TS_Trainspotter »

Sjoerd wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 20:01 Just one type, but at least with this you can also run a proper maintenance train into the tunnels (So no passenger motorcar with RET flatbeds anymore :D );
I was wondering... would it be possible to have a fictional version of the maintenance car fitted with schaerfenberg couplers, so that we can attach them to the other RET maintenance cars? I know I'm asking this just a few days before the release, but in my mind this could be a small good addition!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I'll see what I can do. There might be an issue with the height of the RET couplers above the track, as the Glasgow trains are quite low by comparison.
TS_Trainspotter

Post by TS_Trainspotter »

Thank you! Maybe they could be lower than normal (like the CC72000 AC ones), at least they could connect to other maintenance vehicles :)