Afroeptool Add-ons

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

VirtualGamer

Re: HalteOmroep for Rijndam 2020 (WIP)

Post by VirtualGamer »

Step 1. Go to a text to speech website and record what it says OR record the announcements with your own voice.
Step 2. Put them in the file called "mp3" in the HalteOmroep directory (or any other file in the directory.
Step 3. Put the file names in the chosen route in the "HalteOmroep.txt" file (I'll send you a PM with a more detailed explanation of step 3, it gets quite long) .

If you do that correctly, it should work fine!
VirtualGamer

Re: HalteOmroep for Rijndam

Post by VirtualGamer »

VirtualGamer wrote: 19 May 2018, 12:05 Expect me to release one line during late May/early June.
Yeah, that was a bit ambitious. But anyway, IT'S HERE! Version 0.1 is finally released, and here's how to install it:
By the way, I called Version 0.1 since I only have completed Line T1 from Buitenvelden to Centraal and back. I don't find it enough to make it it's own version.

THIS VERSION IS OUTDATED! I will not fix any errors in this version. The only reason I keep the download available is so that you can see what the previous versions were like.

1. Download any Afroeptool program from: http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Afroeptool. You can put the files from the zipped one in any folder (preferably in My Documents).

2. Delete Changelog.txt, HalteOmroep.txt and everything inside the mp3 folder.

3. Go to: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rtYm3 ... FOZ2vNNeSH. From there, open Rijndam 2022, Version 0 and Version 0.2, you should see a zip file.

4. Download the file and unzip it into the folder you put the Afroeptool program in or unzip it to your desktop and cut and paste into the folder.

Please read Instructions, Changelog and Credits.txt before posting here.
If your problem is not adressed there, please respond to this topic.
Cheers!
Last edited by VirtualGamer on 29 Jul 2019, 13:52, edited 5 times in total.
Citadis

Post by Citadis »

Hi You do a nice job! But they are only line T1?
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

Yeah, I kind forgot about this project for a while. I'll try to do the rest of the destinations for T1 and all of them for T2 soon.
Citadis

Post by Citadis »

Do you need help?
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

Not yet. Maybe after I release Version 1.
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Question: Since, I started making the Rijndam announcements the same way stations are announced in the London Underground, is the Dutch Google Translate voice reliable enough to pronounce right the names of the stations in Dutch, so I can recreate them using an English text-to-speech?
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

Go ahead with using Google to hear the pronunciation. The only thing that I'd find the hardest is to pronounce it in English. I "cheated" and just used the Dutch TTS to say the station instead of the English one.
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

So, after making the announcements for line M1 towards Molenwijk, I mostly succeeded in making the English TTS to pronounce the Dutch names, apart from Houtweg where it's not that good, but anyway. When I'm finished with line M1, I'll upload the files here for anyone who wants them.

Also, I've translated the HalteOmroep.exe file to English and if @senjer has no problem, I can add a link to it in the wiki.
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

I'm up!