General discussions

Moderator: senjer

BlindNacho

Re: My version of Afroeptool!! (v. 0.2)

Post by BlindNacho »

MP 85 wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 17:57:ugeek: yes
Ok, thanks! :D
VirtualGamer

Re: My HalteOmroep for Rijndam 2020 (WIP)

Post by VirtualGamer »

I'm officially starting to make announcements for Rijndam 2020 (hence the title change).
VirtualGamer

Re: HalteOmroep for Rijndam 2020 (WIP)

Post by VirtualGamer »

A little sneak peak for how Rijndam 2020's going ;)
HalteOmroep 001.png
HalteOmroep 001.png (112.52 KiB) Viewed 6733 times
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

To be honest, I did those, he has my permission to upload them. At some stations I need to do a V2 because of the tram network and I still need to do the trams. Should I do for the tram RET or HTM style?
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

2 things;
1. I did not steal your announcements, they are a different style, the voices are female and there's no English. I was inspired by yours though! ;)
2. I think you should do RET style announcements. :P
metro sim addict

Post by metro sim addict »

Pls release new version of afroeptool someone
Sub to my Youtube Channel Please!
youtube.com/GeorgeAllen
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

If anyone wants to reanimate the topic of a announcement tool for the current routes, I have written (or started writing) a more capable tool in JS.
It accepts stuff such as "this station is..." "this train terminates at..." and "this train is ready to depart" in a map file storage format which does not require editing a central txt file anymore, and it can even display whatever route and train you drive and what station you are at in the chat service Discord.

I stopped working on it some time ago as I lost interest in developing this and just privately used it for some runs on Simvliet as I couldn't bother myself to write a mapfile for Rijndam.
At the moment its also lacking a graphical interface, but for anyone who knows more about programming such it shouldn't be a problem to make a simple window using Electron.

I also planned a support for activity files which would basically just run through the routes in a map file, but it would mean that at the terminus in a activity it would automatically load the next route and not require you manually loading it.

If theres any interest in the continuation of this project I could open source it on Github or simmilar and you guys could contribute to it with announcements, mapfiles, graphical interface, better keypress detection, maybe other additional features you find useful.
I myself will probably not continue it because I have enough other projects (mainly Trainz) at the moment.

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

metro sim addict wrote: 19 May 2018, 10:27 Pls release new version of afroeptool someone
I've actually been working on them since Rijndam 2020 was released! It's just that I kinda lost interest in making because of my grade 6 final exams in school. Recently, I've been working on them more and more often. Expect me to release one line during late May/early June. Speaking of lines, what line should I make announcements for first? Answer in the poll. ;)

Note: the poll will end May 19th at 24:00 GMT
Last edited by VirtualGamer on 20 May 2018, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

Poll finished; T1 and T2 it is!
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

How to make announcements?
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.