Help With Driving Trains

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Fred1599

Help With Driving Trains

Post by Fred1599 »

I've been trying to play this game now, but every time my train is about to leave a depot, it just stops. I've played the different maps and I keep on getting this. I've tried detaching train cars, and turning the AI on, but nothing is helping. What I do have is a red dot next to a speed measuring device.

Here are some screenshots:
Image Image ImageImage
LosAngelesMetro56

Re: Help With Driving Trains

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Try Ctrl + Shift + A until and drive until a speed limit is displayed in your cab. Then press Ctrl + Shift + A again. This is bug that has been fixed in the upcoming update.
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It is not a bug.

Did you set a path in the CVL first?
If not, you will not get a clear signal, and the ATB security will stop your train.

http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/CVL_Tutorial

In the example in your screenshot you would have to start by setting a path out of the depot;
-> F2 (open CVL for input)
-> type in: A01 101 RWI (from track A01 to track 101, RWI = Rijweg Instellen = set path)
-> This wil give you a path until the next junction, just before the first station (Molenwijk).

If you do not want to set paths yourself, just use the activities; then the paths are set automatically, and you do not have to input commands into the CVL.
In the Rijndam network, you can just start an activity, and select any train you want to drive, if you want to drive another train then the one assigned to you in the activity. As all trains (including the one assigned to the player) in the Rijndam activities are programmed to start their journey on AI, unless you turn the AI off yourself, this will not disrupt traffic. ;)

About the "red dot";
Attachments
ATB - 10 absoluut.jpg
ATB - 10 absoluut.jpg (42.39 KiB) Viewed 3164 times
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Sjoerd wrote: 12 May 2017, 06:39
Did you set a path in the CVL first?
If not, you will not get a clear signal, and the ATB security will stop your train.

http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/CVL_Tutorial

In the example in your screenshot you would have to start by setting a path out of the depot;
-> F2 (open CVL for input)
-> type in: A01 101 RWI (from track A01 to track 101, RWI = Rijweg Instellen = set path)
-> This wil give you a path until the next junction, just before the first station (Molenwijk).

If you do not want to set paths yourself, just use the activities; then the paths are set automatically, and you do not have to input commands into the CVL.
In the Rijndam network, you can just start an activity, and select any train you want to drive, if you want to drive another train then the one assigned to you in the activity. As all trains (including the one assigned to the player) in the Rijndam activities are programmed to start their journey on AI, unless you turn the AI off yourself, this will not disrupt traffic. ;)

About the "red dot";
Or that...
This is now a dead account.
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Fred1599 wrote: 11 May 2017, 23:24 I've been trying to play this game now, but every time my train is about to leave a depot, it just stops. I've played the different maps and I keep on getting this. I've tried detaching train cars, and turning the AI on, but nothing is helping. What I do have is a red dot next to a speed measuring device.
;) More info on the ATB protection system :arrow: http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/ATB