Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Mark28jr

Re: Rijndam

Post by Mark28jr »

why does line m5 remain just a short ride .. find it very unfortunate ... had expected that m5 would go from denia to airport or central station or 1 x per hour to windmill district or something :(
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Because it is a metro system, and not a mainline railway system or a tram system. From an exploitation viewpoint, I like the Paris metro and London tube line model (each line their own tunnels) more then the Amsterdam/Rotterdam model (mixing multiple lines on the same tracks); when lines run independent of each other, you can modify train lengths and intervals independent of each other.
When multiple lines are mixed, you very soon get stuck to the same frequency on all lines, as you want to keep the intervals between metro's on the shared section the same.
Yes, I have put M2 and M3 together, but following the Paris (line 7 for example) or London (Northernline for example) models, they could also have gotten the same number; then it would have been M2 'Centraal Station - Monument', with a branch to Rijnland Ziekenhuis, also numbered M2.
And also; M5 can not run at a higher frequency then every 15 minutes, especially now that T3 schares the Westwoud - Denia section. Every 15 minutes does not match with M4, at every 10 minutes. So M4 would have to be reduced to every 15 minutes, to get a shared 7,5 minute interval. Or else you would get a very irregular service, which might be acceptable at tram routes, but should be avoided on metro routes (which require a higher level of service).
But ofcourse; feel free what you want to do in activities; I am just adding activities based on my own vision, but you can always make your own. ;)

EDIT: In order to facilitate this for those who want to (make their own activities); I have added "M5 Noorderpoort" and "M4 Denia" to the DRIM system, replacing "M5 Koning Willem I" and "M4 Koning Willem I" (as that destination is not likely to be used).
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

I think that that was not be asked so I do: in the 2022 version, Sjoerd, if you modify T3 and replacing it by M5: what will be the configuration of Rijndijk? What will be the future of the tram station?
For the realism, a configuration with 4 tracks and 2 island platform will be adapted:

We can imagine that the central tracks (42 and 43) are dedicated to M4 and 41/44 to M5. An M4 train arrives T42 and shunt to T43 by the existant siding. An M5 arriving from Denia can do the same thing but with T41 and T44 by a new siding.

By this, you will have a totally independent exploitation of this two lines, and having the more comfortable situation for your passengers
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

As you can see in the map, the M5 will be the same as before (Transferium - Denia) and as Sjoerd has said, the tram platforms will remain there but with rusty tracks. And no other platforms or tracks can fit in Transferium, because there's the highway left and right of the station.

Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Indeed; as both lines can do with only one platform track, the old track usage is most efficiënt; it creates a cross platform interchange between both lines for the passengers.
SFMUNI

Post by SFMUNI »

One question, with the tram platforms still intact and the old track M5 used to get to Denia now is the tram ramp, will M5 and M4 switch platforms? M4 gets a more direct (less switches flipping) route to the sidings and M5 gets a straight shot at Denia?
SFMTA does not know how to run a metro system or light rail or streetcar. 8-)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

SFMUNI wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 13:54 One question, with the tram platforms still intact and the old track M5 used to get to Denia now is the tram ramp, will M5 and M4 switch platforms? M4 gets a more direct (less switches flipping) route to the sidings and M5 gets a straight shot at Denia?
The modification has been made. ;)
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

@Sjoerd, could you make a activity for the RijndamRail sprinter service in the "light version"?

And about the Noordvliet platforms, will you remove the SPR line (also on the "light version")?
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 19:08 @Sjoerd, could you make a activity for the RijndamRail sprinter service in the "light version"?
I have designed the timetable for that today, but it hasn't been put into activities yet. When I do, it'll be easy to make a player activity out of it. ;)
And about the Noordvliet platforms, will you remove the SPR line (also on the "light version")?
No. In the light version, the railway between Rijndam Buitenvelden and Noordvliet is supposed to look like it is temporary out of service (maintenance / renovation / .....), not broken up. So I'll just put the track at Noordvliet out of service (but still present), and take the parts between the mentioned stations out of the network.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 19:29
Alfacinha315 wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 19:08 @Sjoerd, could you make a activity for the RijndamRail sprinter service in the "light version"?
I have designed the timetable for that today, but it hasn't been put into activities yet. When I do, it'll be easy to make a player activity out of it. ;)
No. In the light version, the railway between Rijndam Buitenvelden and Noordvliet is supposed to look like it is temporary out of service (maintenance / renovation / .....), not broken up. So I'll just put the track at Noordvliet out of service (but still present), and take the parts between the mentioned stations out of the network.
Thanks.

But wouldn't you remove the scenery in some lines?
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.