Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

metrosimfan wrote: 19 May 2018, 11:36 I use the included "AI-Weekday"-scenario. I haven't modified that, yet. So there should drive the right trains...
Which is the basic timetable, including all lines (except for tramlines T1 and T2); a lot of trains in the network at the same time. If you do not have a really good computer, an especially if dynamic lighting is on, this is a very heavy activity.

I have only made it to make the creation of all other activities easier; AI-Weekday is the day-timetable, from start to finnish, and for other activities, I could just take what I need from that one. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
FlyUS_Fan

Post by FlyUS_Fan »

MP 85 wrote: 19 May 2018, 10:25 I think you set these settings to the lowest (textures, terrain, objects), which makes some objects disappear.
Or your graphics card is not performing well enough, could you give us your specification of your PC and your graphics card.

Processor: Intel Core i5 processor 4440
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT620 1024MB
Hard Drive: 500GB Hard Drive
Memory: 4GB DDR3 Memory

Running with Windows 10.
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

FlyUS_Fan wrote: 19 May 2018, 13:39 Processor: Intel Core i5 processor 4440
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT620 1024MB
Hard Drive: 500GB Hard Drive
Memory: 4GB DDR3 Memory

Running with Windows 10.
I think this is not from the graphics card, but from the settings in the menu "Metro Simulator Setup" and you have put the objects on low. We recommend you put it on high. To access this menu, search the Start menu "Metro Simulator Setup". If this does not work, go to the directory "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\MetroSimulator" and delete a file named "render.cfg", Then restart the simulator.
Koppara

Post by Koppara »

Is it possible to change these track switches in Rijndam 2018? If yes, how? I just can't solve it. So this place is next to Rijndam airport. In 2020 there is the manual lever switches :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It was the easteregg in Rijndam 2018. The levers are hidden in a small room next to the tunnel. ;)
MinecraftNerd

Post by MinecraftNerd »

Sjoerd wrote: 21 May 2018, 11:44 It was the easteregg in Rijndam 2018. The levers are hidden in a small room next to the tunnel. ;)
I found the room and i was like hey, what switches does it change, and like that i connected the airport network and the normal network with eachother.
50 jaar metro Rotterdam! dat moet gevierd worden! :D
metro sim addict

Post by metro sim addict »

Hi Sjoerd! I was wondering how you put all the files together to make an activity with the whole network of tram, metro & Railway running? Please help! :) :) :)
Sub to my Youtube Channel Please!
youtube.com/GeorgeAllen
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

metro sim addict wrote: 22 May 2018, 16:45 Hi Sjoerd! I was wondering how you put all the files together to make an activity with the whole network of tram, metro & Railway running? Please help! :) :) :)
Just start by building up some activity making experience (look at the wiki and search the forum; there a a lot of tips/hints to be found). Once you have an understanding of how each part of the programming works and how the different parts work together, you will find it easy to figure out the answer to your current question.

I am always happy to answer specific questions to solve a problem, but I am not writing whole tutorials again. I did it once (in Dutch), so look here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1137&p=16380
This is a guide to build a very simple activity; one train, from Molenwijk to Station Westplein in Rijndam 1985, explaning each part of activity programming.
You should be able to do this before trying more complicated things. ;)
metro sim addict

Post by metro sim addict »

thank you
Sub to my Youtube Channel Please!
youtube.com/GeorgeAllen
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Just to be able to do something different while I work on my next project; is there anyone interested in getting Rijndam 2016 back?
I have just taken a look at it under the current Metrosimulator version, and the effort required to get it to work again seems acceptable. ;)

I could provide it as a separate add-on.

Advantage of Rijndam 2016: The transferium branch and surface railways where not build yet, so it is considderably easier for your computer (if you do not have a very good one :D).