Automatic forum login

Post bug reports here. Please only post bug reports here, no questions or general discussions.

Moderator: senjer

Thanim1254

Automatic forum login

Post by Thanim1254 »

When you log in to the MS forums, there is a button which says it will automatically log you in when you visit. But it doesn't work. And it's really annoying when you accidentally close down the browser, you open it again in 20secs and it logs you out. Maybe someone could fix that. :|
senjer

Re: Automatic forum login

Post by senjer »

It works on my pc using Chrome. Do you have auto-cookie delete at shutdown enabled?
MetroSimGermany

Re: Automatic forum login

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Well, for me it works. You need to tick the box and then login as usual.

But you need to understand how login works: sim.bemined.nl actually gives you a cookie with a token. When you then open any site under sim.bemined.nl/forum it detects this token and know, "Oh it's Thanim" and you appear logged on. This cookie has the status to be destroyed by the browser when you close it, or when you log out. Using this option, the cookie becomes consistent and never is destroyed by the browser itself. However, cookie-manipulating programs may still remove the cookie or change the token so it does not work. Please check that any of these programs are disabled for cookies from the forum. :)

Edit: Senjer was faster apparently. I use Firefox btw.

Mika aka MetroSimGermany
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)