SG/RSG3 Sound Problem <Solved>

Post bug reports here. Please only post bug reports here, no questions or general discussions.

Moderator: senjer

MetroSimGermany

SG/RSG3 Sound Problem <Solved>

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Hey guys!
I´ve got some problems with my MetroSim.

The new trains (SG3/RSG3) are making a never stopping "clicking" noise when they are driving. The sound continues on all cameras beside 8 and 9 (free camera). When you go from 8 to 2 (outside cam) the train is still silent, but as soon as you change to the cab, the sound is back. I found out, that the annoying sound seems to come from the gaps in the third rail, but the game repeats it. However, with the RSG3 you can drive over these gaps and the sound will play once - no problem. This works until you go to cam 8 and back to the cab. Then the sound will loop forever. The SG3 (The Randstad ones) will play the sound from the beginning on. :(

The sound problem also appears on a Win8 with Intel Graphics.
My WinXP (also ATI) had a problem with the Sky, so I didn´t tested XP if it has the sound problem.

My PC is a 32 Bit Win7 Medion Akoya (Laptop) with AMD Audio and ATI Graphics.
Any Ideas?

Also, is it possible to replace the door close sound of the R/SG3 Trains? It sounds like Berlin S-Bahn but only stretched. Totally strange. :D I just want to use the actual S-Bahn tune...
Last edited by MetroSimGermany on 09 Mar 2016, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
metroverslaafde

Re: SG/RSG3 Sound Problem

Post by metroverslaafde »

I do not regognise the clicking noise. Make sure that you don't have damaged wheels due to breaking hard.

Changing any sound in the SIM is inpossible.
senjer

Post by senjer »

The -2.00 is the emergency brake, if you use that you get the simulation of so called flat wheels. They make an annoying sound which can only be stoped when you drive trough the train depot.

The door tune is the actual one we use here in Rotterdam. Changing it whould be strange for us, ;) changing it for your own is not possible.
MetroSimGermany

Thank you for your fast help :)

Yes, I use the -2.00, so that seems to be my fault. 8-) I didn't know about the flat wheels function.

To the sound: Its the exact same tune like in Rotterdam, only all tones at the same lenght and not first one stretched.
Here is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EjTt3hGAPg
So for me as someone who lives in Berlin it sounds strange.
Do you know if the RSG3 were manufactured by Bombardier?
senjer

Post by senjer »

The sound looks familiar to the one we use in Rotterdam but is still a bit different than the one in Berlin.

The RSG3/SG3/HSG3 are build by Bombardier as a FLEXITY Swift light rail.
More information can be found here:
http://www.bombardier.com/en/transporta ... icles.html
MG2

Post by MG2 »

@MetroSimGermany: All RET-metro passenger stock was built by Bombardier except for the MG2 and SG2 stocks which were build by Werkspoor/Duwag from the sixties to the eighties ;)
Last edited by MG2 on 09 Mar 2016, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
MetroSimGermany

So, than its not a big surprise. The Br 481/482 were also made by Bombardier. So lazy Bombardier probably re-used the tune just slightly changed. I hope your R/SG3 Trains do their job better than our 481/2 :lol:
brozma

Re: SG/RSG3 Sound Problem <Solved>

Post by brozma »

Interesting fact: The original trains for Prague metro (Ezh3 and 81-717) were made by russian factory: Mytishchi Machine-building factory (Now it's known as Metrowagonmash).

The trains Ezh3 were used on line C from 1974 to 1997. After 1997 they were decommissioned and scrapped (The transport company of capital city Prague still have 3 car Ezh3 train for special events) and were replaced by trains Siemens M1 (Siemens M1 are trains made by Czech bankrupted company ČKD and they are used on line C until now).

The 81-717 train was used from 1978 to 2009 on lines A and B. After 1989 the Transport company of capital city Prague started reconstructing 81-717 and made a trains called 81-71M (basicaly 81-71M are 81-717 but renewed and equiped with newer technology. The company which reconstructed 81-717 trains was Skoda transportation in Pilsen). The 81-71M train replaced 81-717 in 2009 and 81-71M are in service until now (the transport company of capital city Prague still have 5 car unreconstructed 81-717 train for special events).
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English