[3.8] Lags and game crashes

Post bug reports here. Please only post bug reports here, no questions or general discussions.

Moderator: senjer

DevonFrosch

[3.8] Lags and game crashes

Post by DevonFrosch »

Hi,

I've been playing Metro Simulator since late Beta 3 and I'm very happy that I've found it :-)

I bougth a new computer (specs below) a few months ago and copied the games from my old one (all Betas since 3, that's 3, 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7). All games co-existed happily until today: 3.7 and 3 are not playable due to massive lags, CPU usage kicks up to 100% for one core. 3.7 hangs and crashes when trying to start an activity.

All versions, including 3.8, worked on 25.5. on highest settings when I downloaded 3.8. I've deleted the render.cfg multiple times and tried to set the graphics to the minimum - no change. Ctrl+D shows only the camera position when in explore mode.

So, what changed on my computer? Not much, I've updated Java and Steam installed DirectX 2 times (this is what showed up in system restore). I've installed a very old game (Bus Driver) via Steam and uninstalled it again a few minutes later. Other games work, dxdiag doesn't find any problems (if you want I can send you the output).

Is it possible that 3.8 interferes with the other Beta-Versions? Or do you have any idea what might be wrong?

Greetings,
DevonFrosch

Some specs of my computer:
Windows 8.1 Pro N 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
16384 MB RAM
DirectX 11
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
senjer

Re: [3.8] Lags and game crashes

Post by senjer »

First of all your hardware looks more than enough to play the simulator.
A couple of points are important:
• Be sure every beta version has its own folder, so don't put more than one beta version in one folder. You can check that when in a folder more than one Simulator Demo.exe file is visible.
• Be sure all the drivers are up-to-date. Check the Nvidia website for the latest drivers.

And also important, do you get any errors or other windows when the simulators crashes.
DevonFrosch

Re: [3.8] Lags and game crashes

Post by DevonFrosch »

Hi,

sorry for the late reply.

I've got every version of MetroSimulator in different folders, named after their version ;-)

I've updated my graphics driver yesterday, with no noticable effect.

Over the last days, I have tried different activities in 3.8. Yesterday, I drove "Rush Hour - Line C" of the most recent Map version (2017), having stable 15 fps (not bad, but still laggy), before and after the driver update. Today, with no changes to settings etc., I only get 8 fps in the activity, as well as on others (e.g. Evenig Line C). Version 3.7 now runs on 8 fps as well. It seems MetroSimulator has a bad day today :D It still runs at about 100% on one core (i7 => 12.5% overall), the core is overclocking itself - even while just showing the activity selection screen.

The crash of 3.7 was just the window not responding any more, no error message.

Greetings,
DevonFrosch