Beta 3.6 (Trains Won't Move?)

Post bug reports here. Please only post bug reports here, no questions or general discussions.

Moderator: senjer

Darius

Beta 3.6 (Trains Won't Move?)

Post by Darius »

Hello

I've been really enjoying this simulator. But for the past few days I've been noticing many issues that never came up before. For some strange reason, the trains won't move. Or rather, the AI trains don't move. At all. My train moves but is forced to stop because there are still others in the station ahead. They remain stranded on a platform or on tracks and the timetables have stopped working. This happens on all routes. Also, sometimes when I'm terminating at a station my train decides that it doesn't want to move anymore, meaning that I cause other trains behind me to remain on the tracks. This even occurs when I'm nowhere near the station. I'm on a completely different route.

Please fix this! :)

Darius
nstomjanssen2000

Re: Beta 3.6 (Trains Won't Move?)

Post by nstomjanssen2000 »

Strange.
Darius wrote:I'm on a completely different route.
What do you mean with this?
Met hoogachtende groet, prof. dr. in. mr. Duymsuych, gepromoveerd in de Slag om de Coeck. Hierin sneuvelden 66 chocoladekoekjes, 72 speculaasjes, 101 stroopwafels, 145 ... [Dit relaas is onderbroken wegens het gebrek aan nut ervan.]
Darius

Post by Darius »

What I mean is ... let's say I'm driving a train on Line A. Sometimes I let the AI drive my train and I press 9 (this allows me to use free camera) and I pass by to nearby routes like Line B. Remember, I'm nowhere near a station on the Line B. So I use the free camera to go towards a station on that route, only to see one train at a platform not moving, then another train waiting behind it, then another train waiting behind that one and so on. But this nearly always happens with me once I've reached my destination. Once I want to reverse and go back the way I came, my train won't move at all. This causes AI trains behind me to simply stay there, forcing me to quite the game and start again.

Before this was very infrequent, but nowadays it happens nearly all the time.

Darius
Darius

Post by Darius »

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? It's a very strange problem (even the timetables at the station platforms don't show anything).

Someone give me a solution please :(

Darius
MG2

Post by MG2 »

I think it has something to do with the .CTD-file the activity uses. Something must have been corrupted. Do you really use Beta 3.6? Isn't that supposed to be 3.7?
Darius

Post by Darius »

Yes. It's supposed to be Beta 3.7, but it says 3.6 on my version.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Did you accidentally install both versions into the same folder? That could seriously mess things up. Try to uninstall it, make sure the folder is deleted, and reinstall Beta 3.7. There is no need to install both, the 3.7 version includes the route from 3.6 as well.
Darius

Post by Darius »

I took your advice, Michiel and it works. Thank you :)

The timetables on the stations which show what time the trains are expected to arrive are working again, which means that the trains are actually running properly again. Well, the new trains to be precise. The older trains were always working properly but the newer ones were always in their way, for some reason.

Anyway, I think my problem's fixed. I hope something like this doesn't happen again. I'm looking forward for new updates, routes, trains and stations! :D

Darius