Black Screen on various routes

Post bug reports here. Please only post bug reports here, no questions or general discussions.

Moderator: senjer

Steggars

Black Screen on various routes

Post by Steggars »

Unsure what's caused this but anything other than Simvliet is black screened for me and I can only just see the Dashboard and the Destination boards. Any helps appreciated :(
Steggars

Re: Black Screen on various routes

Post by Steggars »

It appears that these black screens only occur within the tunnels and doing my research I reckon its because of my PC Specs:

Processor Information:
CPU Vendor: AuthenticAMD
CPU Brand: AMD A4-6300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
senjer

Post by senjer »

There are some known bugs with the AMD graphics cards. They don't show lights the right way. That causes the problems in tunnels and at nicht. You can't do anything about it at this point. It looks like newer models don't have this problem.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Actually, there is a way to get around this problem.
So the the Metrosimulator setup screen, and set "dynamic lighting" to "off".
That way, you always have daylight, also in the tunnels. This should allow you to drive everywhere. ;)

How to find it;

Method 1: Start -> programs -> Metro Simulator Setup

Method 2: Go to C:\Users\ USERNAME \AppData\Local\MetroSimulator. Delete all contents, then restart Metrosimulator (the setup screen will then appear before the simulator itself starts).
Attachments
Fix.jpg
Fix.jpg (43.13 KiB) Viewed 4695 times
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

Cheers m8! I didn't knew the trick in the setup menu! Hope you guys get around it someday. ;)
Steggars

Post by Steggars »

Sjoerd wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 11:44 Actually, there is a way to get around this problem.
So the the Metrosimulator setup screen, and set "dynamic lighting" to "off".
That way, you always have daylight, also in the tunnels. This should allow you to drive everywhere. ;)

How to find it;

Method 1: Start -> programs -> Metro Simulator Setup

Method 2: Go to C:\Users\ USERNAME \AppData\Local\MetroSimulator. Delete all contents, then restart Metrosimulator (the setup screen will then appear before the simulator itself starts).
You sir are God-Send!