Loco sound keeps going

Post bug reports here. Please only post bug reports here, no questions or general discussions.

Moderator: senjer

luka23

Loco sound keeps going

Post by luka23 »

I'm still encountering the weird glitch that the loco sound is audible even when being miles away from the train when it's switched on. I don't know what's causing it, but will this ever get fixed?
brozma

Re: Loco sound keeps going

Post by brozma »

Hmmmm. Weird. sometimes I notice it too. I guess the Doppler's law isn't well made in this sim. There are many unrealistic things in this sim, like panto mounted metro train able to run connected on NS railway catenary. MCV 9100 able to run on steel rail with regular third rail with bottom contact (they can go on steel rails, but third rail shoes of MCV 9100 aren't compatible aren't compatible with with bottom contact third rail).
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 28 May 2018, 10:42 There are many unrealistic things in this sim, like panto mounted metro train able to run connected on NS railway catenary.
Yes, there are no separate overhead wire voltages in the sim.
MCV 9100 able to run on steel rail with regular third rail with bottom contact (they can go on steel rails, but third rail shoes of MCV 9100 aren't compatible aren't compatible with with bottom contact third rail).
Similar reason; only one power system for 3rd rail present, so you can not differentiate type of 3rd rail in the simulator. Otherwise, we would need 4 3rd rail systems by now;
  • 3rd rail bottom contact (Rotterdam system)
  • 3rd rail top contact (Glasgow system)
  • 3rd+4th rail top contact (London system)
  • 3rd rail side contact (Paris rubber tired system)
And further; the MCV9100 is a fictional metro (MCV = Metrosimulator Customized Vehicle); the Rotterdam SG3 type converted to the Paris rubber tired system. So not very realistic in itself :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
brozma

Post by brozma »

I know Sjoerd, that MCV trains are fictive. I just mentioned things, which are unrealistic in sim, but allows us to do unusual things, for example: I can go with 81-717 train on airport shuttle network, or I can imitate tram-train service with KTM Citylink on NS railway in Rijndam.

Also everyone, if you wonder, why London system uses 3rd and 4th rail. It's because of this: On 3rd rail only or catenary system the minus contact (or neutral contact in case of AC current) are steel wheels of electric vehicle lying on steel rail tracks. Current goes to the Earth through the rails and returns through the Earth to the transforming station. When current travels through the Earth (this current is called the stray current) it causes unwanted electrochemical reactions, which in result causes increased decay rate of underground constructions like water and sewer pipes etc.
The 4th rail acts like a minus contact and draws currents back to the transforming station by other way than through Earth.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English