Beta 3.13 cannot open

Post bug reports here. Please only post bug reports here, no questions or general discussions.

Moderator: senjer

Eric0229

Beta 3.13 cannot open

Post by Eric0229 »

When I try to open Metro simulator beta 3.13, it will automatically close it.
luka23

Re: Beta 3.13 cannot open

Post by luka23 »

Can you elaborate on what happens? And what are your Pc specs?
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Is there an error message like "Metro Simulator Beta to stop working"?
HamboneHamster

Post by HamboneHamster »

Hi,
My son is also having trouble getting metro simulator to open now. I've uninstalled both and reinstalled but it keeps closing down and giving the following message:
A problem has caused this program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if there is a solution.

We had metro simulator previously on this PC, but the operating system had bugs and we had to have the whole thing wiped and reloaded. We are now trying to reload the program as my son loves it.

Can you help? We are on Windows 8.1 now.

Thanks
senjer

Post by senjer »

Can you post your computer specifications so we can find out if the problem in on that side. You can view them by using the WindowsKey+R and then enter ''dxdiag'' into the window then press Enter.
All information needed is visible on the tab System and Display. Also be sure your Windows version is a 64-bit version and NOT a 32-bit version.
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Maybe you want to check out the FAQ, specifically the "game does not work" section.
Most issues are very common and easily fixable :)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=878

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
HamboneHamster

Post by HamboneHamster »

Thanks. I had a look at the FAQs. I have already installed, uninstalled, installed again. I will try a different browser, but we tried it in Internet Explorer to make sure it was stable. The C++ distributable files are all visible in the programs folder, so its not that.
The computer is 64-bit, not 32 (I checked that straight up). We previously had Metro Simulator downloaded on the same computer but it could've been on Windows 10. Then the OS seemed to get corrupted and the computer wouldn't work. I've had it wiped and the original Windows 8 OS reinstalled (which then updated to Windows 8.1) by a professional.
I will follow your instructions and post them soon.

Thanks to both of you for your help.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Have you tried installing the most recent version of DirectX?
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
HamboneHamster

Post by HamboneHamster »

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing. DirectX is version 11. I've been trying to insert a screen shot of my specs but can't get it to, so I'll try to put them in.
Windows 8.1 64-bit Build 9600
Intel(R) core i7
Memory: 4096MB RAM

Does any of this help? It is still shutting down as soon as I try to open. I might see if my IT guy can figure out what's going on. I just don't understand why it used to work but now doesn't.

Cheers
nstomjanssen2000

Post by nstomjanssen2000 »

What i7? (they have 3 or 4 numbers and some have additional letters behind the i7 which actually tells which processor it is) What graphics card do you have? Do you have the graphics card's drivers installed?
Met hoogachtende groet, prof. dr. in. mr. Duymsuych, gepromoveerd in de Slag om de Coeck. Hierin sneuvelden 66 chocoladekoekjes, 72 speculaasjes, 101 stroopwafels, 145 ... [Dit relaas is onderbroken wegens het gebrek aan nut ervan.]