Rinjdam AI Bug

Post bug reports here. Please only post bug reports here, no questions or general discussions.

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rinjdam AI Bug

Post by Sjoerd »

Get used to it; it is not changing in the comming update. To me, this is a very important feature; it prevents the network from turning into a giant traffic jam in the event you decide you want to drive another metro/tram/train (and thereby abandon the metro assigned to you in the activity).
And it only activates automatically at the starting station of the line, at the moment of sheduled departure. When it happens, just press C and it's off again and the metro/tram/train is all yours! ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
BlindNacho

Post by BlindNacho »

I understand that, of course! A traffic jam in Rijndam would be massive :D
tyteen4a03

Post by tyteen4a03 »

Sjoerd wrote: 19 Oct 2017, 17:24 Get used to it; it is not changing in the comming update. To me, this is a very important feature; it prevents the network from turning into a giant traffic jam in the event you decide you want to drive another metro/tram/train (and thereby abandon the metro assigned to you in the activity).
And it only activates automatically at the starting station of the line, at the moment of sheduled departure. When it happens, just press C and it's off again and the metro/tram/train is all yours! ;)
I think it should be up to the player whether they want to cause a traffic jam or not. They chose to leave the campaign metro; they know exactly what they are doing. If they don't want a jam they should turn on AI Mode before they leave the train, not the other way round where you press C for them, like it or not.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

tyteen4a03 wrote: 20 Oct 2017, 19:48 I think it should be up to the player whether they want to cause a traffic jam or not.
You still can; the AI only activates on the starting station at the departure time (or after, if you came in delayed). To cause a traffic jam, the most easy way is to deactivate the AI when it activates, and stop the train again (and abandon it).
Or you can activate one of the other cabs in the train; that way, when the AI activates, it can't move the train.
Or you can use the CVL to set a path and then not use that path (making setting other conflicting paths which are needed for normal running impossible).
Or..... You can think of many other ways... ;)
imortallknedlik

Post by imortallknedlik »

Is there any way to turn of AI self-enable?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes; modify the activities.

Go to the activity, find the trainservice assigned to the player, and remove the ai="true" part on the end of each line of coding within that trainservice.
imortallknedlik

Sjoerd wrote: 05 Oct 2018, 17:13 Yes; modify the activities.

Go to the activity, find the trainservice assigned to the player, and remove the ai="true" part on the end of each line of coding within that trainservice.
Is it in debug or in folder?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The *.act-files.
imortallknedlik

Sjoerd wrote: 05 Oct 2018, 18:14The *.act-files.
Where i can find it? Im not very computer-it-pro
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Metrosimulator \ Data \ Routename \ Activities. ;)

Do it carefully; the activities are coded in XML. If you make an XML-error during your changes, the activity won't appear anymore in the Metrosimulator menuscreen.