Rinjdam AI Bug

Post bug reports here. Please only post bug reports here, no questions or general discussions.

Moderator: senjer

BlindNacho

Rinjdam AI Bug

Post by BlindNacho »

Hello everyone!

I don't know if I am the only one facing this problem (probably not) but everytime I try to do an activity in Rinjdam I can't control the train because the AI is doing it for me, and even when I turnt it off it doesn't work because seconds later it just turns itself on again.

Is this supposed to be like this? Has anyone faced the same problem and solved it?

I really wish to get an answer since Rinjdam is my favorite city in the game and I want to play a full activity on it...
RotterdamMetroLover

Re: Rinjdam AI Bug

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Have you pressed C?
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

In Rijndam, the AI is set to on by default, so if you want to drive another train, it won't cause a traffic jam.

If you turn off the AI, it will turn itself on, again, when it's time to depart from your starting position.
Just turn it off once more ;)

For the same reason, when you reach your destination, the AI will turn on, on the cab, on the other side of the train. Just follow the procedure I mentioned before.
BlindNacho

Post by BlindNacho »

RotterdamMetroLover wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 19:53 Have you pressed C?
As said previously, when I shut the AI off (pressing C) it turns back on itself, automaticaly seconds later. And it keeps happening
BlindNacho

Post by BlindNacho »

Jim2016 wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 19:56 In Rijndam, the AI is set to on by default, so if you want to drive another train, it won't cause a traffic jam.

If you turn off the AI, it will turn itself on, again, when it's time to depart from your starting position.
Just turn it off once more ;)

For the same reason, when you reach your destination, the AI will turn on, on the cab, on the other side of the train. Just follow the procedure I mentioned before.
So, you're saying the AI is only assuming a helping role in the whole line, to avoid delays?
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

BlindNacho wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 19:58 So, you're saying the AI is only assuming a helping role in the whole line, to avoid delays?
Enabling the AI by default in the cab you are supposed to be driving, helps in preventing traffic jams in case you want to abandon your train and do something else in the route.
BlindNacho

Post by BlindNacho »

Jim2016 wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 20:00
BlindNacho wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 19:58 So, you're saying the AI is only assuming a helping role in the whole line, to avoid delays?
Enabling the AI by default in the cab you are supposed to be driving, helps in preventing traffic jams in case you want to abandon your train and do something else in the route.
Ok, I think I'll handle the activities better now. Thanks for your help!
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

BlindNacho wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 20:03 Ok, I think I'll handle the activities better now. Thanks for your help!
You're welcome
tyteen4a03

Post by tyteen4a03 »

I've faced exactly the same issue as you; when I get ready to leave the AI takes over forcibly and I can't take back control in time and the train leaves. Very annoying.
BlindNacho

Post by BlindNacho »

Yes, it kinda takes the fun away! I only play on Explore mode in Rijndam because of that reason although it's such an interesting and exciting network (now with tram lines)