I got some ideas for Michiel!

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

TTGMB

Re: I got some ideas for Michiel!

Post by TTGMB »

Sjoerd wrote:
TTGMB wrote:Make some stations with bigger gaps
Shouldn't the policy be to avoid gaps between the train and the platform at any time?
Well it is, but it looks like the policy is not worth it if there aren't big gaps.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

TTGMB wrote:Well it is, but it looks like the policy is not worth it if there aren't big gaps.
This policy does not exist because the absence of big gaps between the train and platform looks nice. It's there to make sure there is an obstacle-free entry to the trains at all stations. To make sure you can use the metro system without needing assistance even if you are using a wheelchair. ;)

In the Netherlands, accessibility becomes more and more important; when designing new infrastructure (in which I am involved in my work), it isn't even accepted anymore (perhaps with a few exceptions) to design a new combined bus/tram stop where the buses and trams stop at the same platform, as they each need a slightly different platform height.
For example; for the new "Uithof line" on the Utrecht tram system, there is a part where trams and buses will use the same bus/tram dedicated infrastructure. At all stops along this part of the line, we had to design separate platforms for trams and buses.

Sorry; no "Mind the gap" announcements London Underground style ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

I was thinking after De Molens, there are 3 tracks: 2 side tracks that's the main line, and an island track for shortliners. The B Line than crosses a road intersection (a normal street intersection between car traffic but with the train crossing the middle of the intersection with AHOB blocking every entrance to the crossing {Ж}) than shortly after, curving left while entering a trench. Trenching under 2 roads. The first one is is after the left bank. About 5 houses down, the train goes under the second road. Than a side station in the trench. After that station, Line B crosses under another road containing the station entrances then banks right back to grade level and crosse 3 roads with the first one right after the trench. The train than heads in a straight path. In between the final 2 crossings is the new Emplacement replacing the De Molens tail track. After the final crossing, the interlocking for the final stop is located as lXl.
This is now a dead account.
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

It's kinda hard to imagine what you mean just from your Unicode symbols. Just grab Paint or Gimp and draw a simple map of what you think of. Aside that, putting AHOB on a street crossing could be a problem. I think these objects are linked to track and only available for 90° crossing streets. But I'm not Editor Betatester so idk exactly. ;)
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MetroSimGermany wrote:Aside that, putting AHOB on a street crossing could be a problem. I think these objects are linked to track and only available for 90° crossing streets. But I'm not Editor Betatester so idk exactly. ;)
All you need is a healty imagination :lol:

CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

^^ Try the roundabout.
luka23

Post by luka23 »

I've lost track of what is even going on
LosAngelesMetro56

MetroSimGermany wrote:It's kinda hard to imagine what you mean just from your Unicode symbols. Just grab Paint or Gimp and draw a simple map of what you think of. Aside that, putting AHOB on a street crossing could be a problem. I think these objects are linked to track and only available for 90° crossing streets. But I'm not Editor Betatester so idk exactly. ;)
Picture a normal street intersection: +. Then, throw in metro tracks that goes through the center of that street intersection. The AHOBs are on the 4 entrance ways to the intersection. 2 streets at once
LosAngelesMetro56

MetroSimGermany wrote:It's kinda hard to imagine what you mean just from your Unicode symbols. Just grab Paint or Gimp and draw a simple map of what you think of. Aside that, putting AHOB on a street crossing could be a problem. I think these objects are linked to track and only available for 90° crossing streets. But I'm not Editor Betatester so idk exactly. ;)
Attachments
Turn the diagonal road into a railway.
Turn the diagonal road into a railway.
88975467.jpg (56.52 KiB) Viewed 6860 times
6th Way
6th Way
qcx_tour_3b_6way_zoom.png (41.04 KiB) Viewed 6860 times
Normal
Normal
highway_15_at_2nd_Street_S_cityofstcloud.jpg (115.5 KiB) Viewed 6860 times